Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joeselu
Our new transfer record breaking striker Joelinton looks very ordinary in the PL so much so i've likened him to Joselu so i've named him Joeselu.

All jokes aside though .... if he is meant to be a work in process and not the finished article then where is the finished article to show him the way and get us the goals required to stay up ?

We've spunked up £40m for an untried, unproven striker who may not ever get us enough goals.

In the past we had Shola learning from Shearer etc 

Our delightful owner got rid of our 2 proven forwards and gambled massively on Joeselu coming good...... i for 1 can't see this ending well.
He was a gamble to begin with. He has never been a goal getter forward, his best haul being 15 in the Austrian Bundesliga. He may come through in the end but dont expect goals worth 40 million. Best to hope for is others to get goals off of him holding up the ball.
Read somewhere that he's usually played as a No10 in the past

Don't know if it's true?

huh?
He played as a second striker some at Hoffenheim but other than that he played as your typical no.9 role. Which he is better at Im not sure.
His game vs Freiburg last year shows probably the best example of him in a #9 role.
We've done exactly the same as when they Brough Mitro in. Raw, unproven and a gamble. Except Mitro had actually played in the champions league and been prolific in a lesser league. He was also quarter of the price.
He's a 40 million pound Joselu and I bet Hoffenheim can't believe their luck.

Hope Mike is enjoying his new investment, the very player Benitez didn't want and said was worth half of what we have paid for him, at most.
(19-08-2019, 09:57 AM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: He's a 40 million pound Joselu and I bet Hoffenheim can't believe their luck.

Hope Mike is enjoying his new investment, the very player Benitez didn't want and said was worth half of what we have paid for him, at most.

Is the the same Benitez who was only interested in money?  Muppets.