Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time For Bruce To Shut Up
I've put this on our Blog  Big Grin

Mick

I didn’t see the match today.

I didn’t look out for the comments and pearls of wisdom from our ex-mackem “Head Coach” after he and his team lost 3-1 to newly-promoted Norwich City.

Newly-promoted, y’know, a team that were in the Championship last season and should be trying to find their feet in “the big league” as the English Premier League is – at least in England anyway.

However, I understand from feedback and reports on social media that we didn’t play well.

Apparently, apart from Matt Ritchie, none of our team had a good game, in fact quite a few fans who saw the game reckon most of them looked disinterested, lethargic, confused etc

I am told that we only actually had 20-odd percent of the possession, that the Norwich goals weren’t really good goals, but Bruce’s team were kind enough to leave the necessary gaps in defence to help them score.

Presumably this is something they work hard on all week in training supervised by the managerial legend himself and his coaches?

I understand that Bruce had a flash of inspiration and left Sean Longstaff on the bench – away from home? Genius or rather foolish?

I’ve set “record” so that I can watch the highlights on Sky tomorrow morning after they get recorded at circa 1.30 in the morning when I’m fast asleep in zed-land.

Can’t wait.

But the icing on the cake has to be this.

It has filtered through to me that our “Head Coach” had this to say after the game:

“We always knew Norwich was going to be difficult. They play a certain way and romped away with the Championship so we were under no illusions that it was going to be difficult”

Did you see that?

Bruce thinks Norwich were going to be difficult? He hoped to “nick a win” (pre-match comment).

Can anybody imagine Rafa Benitez coming out with a statement like that?

Course not.

A lot of fans are already sick of Bruce’s constant mouthing off to the media, ominously in the style of McClaren and Pardew, and the same standard of rubbish we were served up in the past.

Fans can see the problems with the coaches and the team.

For the past three years we have been used to a slightly better standard. Actually a much higher, professional, organised, tactic-based standard, with every player committed to the cause and totally clear on their job and what was expected of them.

The comparison to what’s going on now leaves us shocked and numb.

Can it really have happened? Will we wake up and it was all a nightmare?

After only two games, it’s (already) clearly time for Bruce to shut up, stop talking and get his head down and sort this mess out. urgently.

We need to see graft not listen to gob.

The next match is Tottenham. If Bruce really believes Norwich were “difficult”, Spurs will absolutely blow his mind.
Yup he's a tool. Oh and Richie didn't have a good game. He was gash same as the rest of them.
(18-08-2019, 09:34 AM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: Yup he's a tool.  Oh and Richie didn't have a good game.  He was gash same as the rest of them.

Aye - I agree (watched the Sky "highlights" this morning)

I think the best I can say is that Ritchie was at least trying, unlike quite a few of the rest of them

Think they're already disillusioned with Bruce - when you've worked for a top manager like Rafa, then you get presented with this bloke, it's almost understandable that some of them seem to be already thinking about their options in January

Mick
Yeah pretty much no one other than Hayden on occasions looked good yesterday. Piss poor is being too nice. Utter dog sh*t is closer to reality
Apparently when the squad were called in for extra training today Lascelles and Dummett "raised their voices"

Sounds like there might have been some frank exchanges of views

Personally, I hope they were both shouting at Bruce  Bart

Mick
Wont help honestly. Bruce is actually a fine manager if you go back about 10 years ago. Today he is at best a lower half championship manager, but probably closer to an upper league one manager. Football and its tactics change and evolve and eventually everyone who manages runs into being left behind by current trends. Though not a great example to follow, he would do good by following Hodgson's lead and running a plain old 442 system with wide men that cut inside and overlapping fullbacks. Just about anyone that has ever kicked a football knows this system and how to make triangles. Almost all coaching licenses require some basic knowledge from it.
The thing is Bruce keeps reminding us that Rafa is no longer here and that we should let the past go ...... but then he also keeps reminding us what a slow start we had last season only because it may ease the pressure on him.

Howay Potato Heed you can't have it both ways.
You know, people who talk about last year it taking us so long to win a game are really talking out their ass. Look at who we lost to up until our first win and which games we drew as well and only a Ash cocksucker couldnt see the difference.
I knew it wouldn't be long before the horrible b*st*rd brought up last season's record, and it has taken just two games in. Only he does it in a sly way by suggesting he wouldn't be afforded the luxury Rafa had with a smirk sitting on top of one of his chins. That's right Steve you won't be, you weren't good enough to be considered for the job, you weren't smart enough to realise you weren't wanted or good enough and when you do get sacked, we might see you at next year's Edinburgh Fringe for putting yourself and your plight in the same stratosphere as Benitez with his plight. We knew with Benitez that with time that record would turn around, we knew that tactically he would get it right, and he did, you knew just by watching the games that we had an philosophy and an organisation which would see us get points on the board. With you, 10 games will turn into 20 games without a win, followed by another statement about how you are big enough and ugly enough to take the stick and handle the pressure of the job and that you need to get back on the training ground to put it right.

I was sick of seeing your face before you took the job, so please, PLEASE, just feck off, take your shitty little team of coaches with you and disappear, let "Sports Direct FC" have a chance of staying up. The players have no respect for you, they have downed tools less than 100 minutes into the new season. You are a relic, a dinosaur, a man who probably couldn't believe his luck that he was going to get another chance of managing in the Premier League. Do the decent thing and fall on your sword and you might actually get a bit of respect from the fans for doing so.

I know there is no one on here, but for those deluded enough to think he just needs time to implement his ideas, this man has no fecking idea, his methods are dated, his motivation capabilities are nil, his ability to implement a game plan and a pattern of play left the moment he started to grow the second of his many chins. This is a guy so old fashioned that even the Natural History museum would struggle to find a zone to place his tactics in. I don't doubt, he is a great laugh down at the pub after you have had a few pints, but a football manager at this level he is not, and sticking around is just going to heighten tensions. Make no mistake either, he will deserve everything coming his way. When those who refused to boycott start to turn; which they will, he will have no where to hide and he will deserve every bit of stick that is thrown his way. I don't need to take a job as a consultant brain surgeon to know that brain surgery is out of my league, and Bruce knows that this club and this job is far, FAR beyond his capabilities as a head coach.

He's my most disliked manager in all my time supporting this club (which I think I have disguised quite well so far), because under the circumstances that he took this role, that even outside of his hugely limited managerial ability, the moment he signed on that dotted line, he became an extension of Mike Ashley, he is now just the face of a regime I despise, something Benitez wasn't. If you had to describe my nightmare scenario for the club this summer, the situation we now find ourselves in would be that very nightmare. We no longer face the worry of knowing we likely won't get anything out of the top 6 teams, we now have a situation where we won't get anything out of the bottom 6 teams. In the space of 180 minutes plus injury time, we have been installed as the nailed on favourites not just for relegation, but to finish bottom of the league.

Even when we faced relegation the first time around, it didn't leave me feeling this deflated and angry about the club, it's a complete embarassment that we have to put up with this monumental idiot on the touchline, I beg of him, just go.
(20-08-2019, 12:45 AM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: I knew it wouldn't be long before the horrible b*st*rd brought up last season's record, and it has taken just two games in. Only he does it in a sly way by suggesting he wouldn't be afforded the luxury Rafa had with a smirk sitting on top of one of his chins. That's right Steve you won't be, you weren't good enough to be considered for the job, you weren't smart enough to realise you weren't wanted or good enough and when you do get sacked, we might see you at next year's Edinburgh Fringe for putting yourself and your plight in the same stratosphere as Benitez with his plight. We knew with Benitez that with time that record would turn around, we knew that tactically he would get it right, and he did, you knew just by watching the games that we had an philosophy and an organisation which would see us get points on the board. With you, 10 games will turn into 20 games without a win, followed by another statement about how you are big enough and ugly enough to take the stick and handle the pressure of the job and that you need to get back on the training ground to put it right.

I was sick of seeing your face before you took the job, so please, PLEASE, just feck off, take your shitty little team of coaches with you and disappear, let "Sports Direct FC" have a chance of staying up. The players have no respect for you, they have downed tools less than 100 minutes into the new season. You are a relic, a dinosaur, a man who probably couldn't believe his luck that he was going to get another chance of managing in the Premier League. Do the decent thing and fall on your sword and you might actually get a bit of respect from the fans for doing so.

I know there is no one on here, but for those deluded enough to think he just needs time to implement his ideas, this man has no fecking idea, his methods are dated, his motivation capabilities are nil, his ability to implement a game plan and a pattern of play left the moment he started to grow the second of his many chins. This is a guy so old fashioned that even the Natural History museum would struggle to find a zone to place his tactics in. I don't doubt, he is a great laugh down at the pub after you have had a few pints, but a football manager at this level he is not, and sticking around is just going to heighten tensions. Make no mistake either, he will deserve everything coming his way. When those who refused to boycott start to turn; which they will, he will have no where to hide and he will deserve every bit of stick that is thrown his way. I don't need to take a job as a consultant brain surgeon to know that brain surgery is out of my league, and Bruce knows that this club and this job is far, FAR beyond his capabilities as a head coach.

He's my most disliked manager in all my time supporting this club (which I think I have disguised quite well so far), because under the circumstances that he took this role, that even outside of his hugely limited managerial ability, the moment he signed on that dotted line, he became an extension of Mike Ashley, he is now just the face of a regime I despise, something Benitez wasn't. If you had to describe my nightmare scenario for the club this summer, the situation we now find ourselves in would be that very nightmare. We no longer face the worry of knowing we likely won't get anything out of the top 6 teams, we now have a situation where we won't get anything out of the bottom 6 teams. In the space of 180 minutes plus injury time, we have been installed as the nailed on favourites not just for relegation, but to finish bottom of the league.

Even when we faced relegation the first time around, it didn't leave me feeling this deflated and angry about the club, it's a complete embarassment that we have to put up with this monumental idiot on the touchline, I beg of him, just go.

Well said. feck Bruce, Charnley, and especially Fat Ash