Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arsenal (h)
Out of date manager more suited to League One than even the Championship. Expect rubbish all year long.
(11-08-2019, 03:18 PM)cg40k Wrote: Arsenal 1-0. New boy Jetro Willems hands the Gooners a goal.

Yep that was pretty much the mistake that lost us the game. The lad had just come on so a shame really, he did OK for the rest of the game.

Mick
Didn't get to see the game due to work ..... but by rhe sounds of it i missed nowt.
What's frightening Boydie is that depending what reports you read tonight, some people will have you believe that Almiron and Joelinton worked well together, that we actually played quite well apart from the mistake for the goal, and that once Bruce gets to work with the team and put his stamp on things, there were promising signings in the game for the rest of the season. What actually happened was that none of players, absolutely none of our players had a clue what to do when they had the ball, Almiron spent the entire game trying to take on the world by himself when all he did was a great impression of a headless chicken. Joelinton couldn't hold up the ball at all in the second half, Longstaff looked a million miles off the pace of the game, and that if we were still playing now, we still wouldn't have tested Leno. Don't worry though, we had an amazing boycott and the atmosphere would have had one or two librarians up and down the country getting all hot under the collar. Turn up, pay the fat tw*t we have to thank for this situation, and then sit in silence watching that crap, well done, great show of supporting of the team and not the regime!

What we saw today was what an amazing job Benitez did at drilling jobs into the players, and what happens when you put a clueless sack of potatoes in charge of the team instead. It's hard to know just how poor the players were individually today, and just how poorly drilled they were. I suspect based on everything I have seen and heard from Bruce and his teams in the past, the hatred he got from his own fans at every club he supported, and the fact I lost count of how many times a Newcastle player in possession held their arms out in exasperation due to a lack of options on the ball, that what we saw today (and likely the rest of the season), is what happens when you swap an average bunch of players with a world class tactician to a potato faced sell out who would likely get booed off by his own fans if he managed a Conference North team.

It's thoroughly depressing to feel like this after just one game, and it likely isn't helped by the fact we have the stark contrast of Bruce, who has always been an absolutely sh*t manager, with no tactical knowledge what-so-ever, taking over from a manager of Benitez' quality.

I don't see anything other than relegation this season, and if Joelinton manages to score 5 goals by Christmas, I'll be amazed. I am not having a go at Joelinton per se, just like any other player we have in the team, I feel sorry for them, as they are going to be judged all season, when the reality is that they don't stand a hope in hell of becoming any sort of player in this division, when they are coached by Mrs Doubtfire, Monday to Friday. It's a return to the dark, clueless Premier League days of Kenny Dalglish, Ruud Gullit, and Greame Sourpuss, just without the quality of players each of those managers had at their disposal.

We look like a sorry sack of sh*t, no doubt soon to become the whipping boys of the top division once again.
Couldnt agree more Ghost
Just when you didn't think it could get any more embarassing, apparently Willems came on without proper instruction which is why he went into central midfield. Bruice apparently mouthed "where the f*ck is he playing". Looks like the complaints about Bruce making mind boggling substitutions havs come to the fore in game one of the new season. This is a Premier League football club, sending on a player who goes to play in the wrong position and hasn't been instructed to go and play in his actual position. Absolute embarassing shambles.
(11-08-2019, 10:33 PM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: What's frightening Boydie is that depending what reports you read tonight, some people will have you believe that Almiron and Joelinton worked well together, that we actually played quite well apart from the mistake for the goal, and that once Bruce gets to work with the team and put his stamp on things, there were promising signings in the game for the rest of the season. What actually happened was that none of players, absolutely none of our players had a clue what to do when they had the ball, Almiron spent the entire game trying to take on the world by himself when all he did was a great impression of a headless chicken. Joelinton couldn't hold up the ball at all in the second half, Longstaff looked a million miles off the pace of the game, and that if we were still playing now, we still wouldn't have tested Leno. Don't worry though, we had an amazing boycott and the atmosphere would have had one or two librarians up and down the country getting all hot under the collar. Turn up, pay the fat tw*t we have to thank for this situation, and then sit in silence watching that crap, well done, great show of supporting of the team and not the regime!

What we saw today was what an amazing job Benitez did at drilling jobs into the players, and what happens when you put a clueless sack of potatoes in charge of the team instead. It's hard to know just how poor the players were individually today, and just how poorly drilled they were. I suspect based on everything I have seen and heard from Bruce and his teams in the past, the hatred he got from his own fans at every club he supported, and the fact I lost count of how many times a Newcastle player in possession held their arms out in exasperation due to a lack of options on the ball, that what we saw today (and likely the rest of the season), is what happens when you swap an average bunch of players with a world class tactician to a potato faced sell out who would likely get booed off by his own fans if he managed a Conference North team.

It's thoroughly depressing to feel like this after just one game, and it likely isn't helped by the fact we have the stark contrast of Bruce, who has always been an absolutely sh*t manager, with no tactical knowledge what-so-ever, taking over from a manager of Benitez' quality.

I don't see anything other than relegation this season, and if Joelinton manages to score 5 goals by Christmas, I'll be amazed. I am not having a go at Joelinton per se, just like any other player we have in the team, I feel sorry for them, as they are going to be judged all season, when the reality is that they don't stand a hope in hell of becoming any sort of player in this division, when they are coached by Mrs Doubtfire, Monday to Friday. It's a return to the dark, clueless Premier League days of Kenny Dalglish, Ruud Gullit, and Greame Sourpuss, just without the quality of players each of those managers had at their disposal.

We look like a sorry sack of sh*t, no doubt soon to become the whipping boys of the top division once again.

I'll add to this by saying the three new lads we saw look bang average.  Joelinton is going to struggle.  Hope I'm wrong but can't see him scoring 5 goals this season.  Poor mans Rondon.  Willems looks totally out of his depth and didn't link with the defence or forwards at all.  His positional play was awful.  Saint Maximim runs around a lot and seems to trip over a lot.
Joelinton was a risk from the get go. I hope he finds his feet, but he has NEVER been a prolific goalscorer. Willems was amazing at PSV, and a sub at Frankfurt. He will probably be a good bench player but I dont see him staying with us unless he improves dramatically. Maximin will probably be good and get sold next year.