Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carroll Injury Update
Thought it best to have a dedicated thread on this topic as it could be the busiest thread we have this season!

ROFL Tongue

Carroll – whose contract at West Ham United expired this summer – had surgery on his ankle in April, and is not yet ready to play.

"I'm not going to be rushing to get back – I don't want anything to go wrong,” said the 30-year-old. "I'm going to take it easy and listen to what the surgeon says, and go along with his recommendations.

"I'm pretty good. I've been outside running and doing some finishing sessions. I've got to stick to the timeline. The last couple of years have been really tough – I've had a single injury that's been niggling away. I've been in every day over the summer – no holiday.”
Honestly he needs to take it slow if he wants to have a few years left in football. At 30 his time is pretty much up unless he finds fitness, strength, and a game style that complements his strengths. He also needs to keep out of trouble off the pitch. Christ sakes he didnt have an agent anymore, says a lot about a player who went for 30M+ back in 2011.