Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emil Krafth
Newcastle officials are close to agreeing a deal worth around £5m for Amiens full-back Emil Krafth, with the Sweden international understood to have agreed the framework of his personal terms.

Provided negotiations continue as planned this morning, it is hoped he will travel to Tyneside to complete a medical later today, enabling him to complete his move well ahead of tomorrow’s 5pm deadline.

The 25-year-old boasts a proven pedigree having spent the last four years playing for Bologna and Amiens, and has won 20 senior international caps with Sweden.

Newcastle’s initial offer was rejected last week, but a further round of talks in the last 24 hours has made an agreement much more likely.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/...il-krafth/

Apparently, this lad offers better defensive qualities than Yedlin or Manquillo - but it's not clear if he is better at bombing forward and crossing as required as Bruce looks to have 3 at the back with mobile wingbacks.

Mick
Honestly Manquillo looks a better starter IMO than Krafth, but Krafth is good and can play centerback as well as defensive mid. I have no idea what we should do with Yedlin. Possibly sell him in January.
(07-08-2019, 11:32 AM)cg40k Wrote: Honestly Manquillo looks a better starter IMO than Krafth, but Krafth is good and can play centerback as well as defensive mid. I have no idea what we should do with Yedlin. Possibly sell him in January.

Well, wouldn't that be a shock sell a full international in January to give this kid a chance in the limelight then sell him on again in the summer filling mikes size 46 pockets I can see it now happening?

@boycottarsenal

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
(07-08-2019, 05:42 PM)Geordie1 Wrote:
(07-08-2019, 11:32 AM)cg40k Wrote: Honestly Manquillo looks a better starter IMO than Krafth, but Krafth is good and can play centerback as well as defensive mid. I have no idea what we should do with Yedlin. Possibly sell him in January.

Well, wouldn't that be a shock sell a full international in January to give this kid a chance in the limelight then sell him on again in the summer filling mikes size 46 pockets I can see it now happening?

@boycottarsenal

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!

I mean yeah, unless they are planning on getting rid of Manquillo (who imo is our best wingback at the moment), I wonder what the plan is if there is even one. Krafth is an international and is going to want playing time, probably regularly. As it is looking we may be running a 5-3-2 or 5-4-1 i really wonder what the plan is for Yedlin. Maybe playing him as a right winger? I doubt anyone knows feck all.
This is a bad move in my opinion.

Fans who have seen him play describe him as average and a worse option than Manquillo and Yedlin.
(07-08-2019, 08:20 PM)Boydie Wrote: This is a bad move in my opinion.

Fans who have seen him play describe him as average and a worse option than Manquillo and Yedlin.

yeah its risky honestly