Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Takeover, Then.....
Let’s face it – nobody knows what’s really going on.

Can I just say that again? Nobody knows what’s really going on!!

Sure there are quotes in the “media, in blogs, etc apparently from this arab group of Sheik whatsisname.

There are claims and counter claims about who he is/isn’t related to, whether an offer has/hasn’t been made, whether proof of funds was made in April or not, whether a gold rolls royce was really seen outside Carlo’s chip shop in Alnwick etc etc

Newspaper journalists have to says stuff every day to sell their papers and maybe, just maybe, they rely on exploiting the hysteria of the more impressionable Newcastle United fans who hang on their every word? – I suspect most of you folks know this, but I’ll just leave that there for you to think about.

The United “management” – whoever is really handling things these days? – haven’t helped by basically repeating “no comment” when approached by various media hacks.

A few things to consider:

- Mikey Boy gets about £150M per year from TV revenue and a canny dollop on top of that for crowd revenue, merchandise, free advertising (notional) etc. If you were trousering money like that every 12 months, would you sell your cash cow for £350M?

- Past mooted bids have allegedly stumbled because Mikey wanted to retain control of merchandise and (free) advertising. If you were the potential buyer, would you be happy with that? Past bidders allegedly weren’t and walked away.

The latest “revelation” in the media is that sheik whatsisname has opened a company called “monochrome acquisitions”. This has led to some bright sparks claiming that the “takeover is on” because “monochrome” is black and white so there you are – it has to be about the Toon!

Aye right-oh……

Oh aye – and the Sports Direct signs in St James’ Park have been taken down in the last few days so he definitely, definitely must be selling up. Ignoring the fact the club “management” has said they’re being cleaned or replaced – well, at least that’s a step up from “no comment”!

And don’t get me started about the Rafa’s contract saga!

As I said – nobody knows what’s really going on!

Me? Like you, I’ve been here before. I’m relaxed to the point of past caring and will just wait and see.

What will be will be.

Mick
(08-06-2019, 08:14 AM)Mick Wrote: Let’s face it – nobody knows what’s really going on.

Can I just say that again? Nobody knows what’s really going on!!

Sure there are quotes in the “media, in blogs, etc apparently from this arab group of Sheik whatsisname.

There are claims and counter claims about who he is/isn’t related to, whether an offer has/hasn’t been made, whether proof of funds was made in April or not, whether a gold rolls royce was really seen outside Carlo’s chip shop in Alnwick etc etc

Newspaper journalists have to says stuff every day to sell their papers and maybe, just maybe, they rely on exploiting the hysteria of the more impressionable Newcastle United fans who hang on their every word? – I suspect most of you folks know this, but I’ll just leave that there for you to think about.

The United “management” – whoever is really handling things these days? – haven’t helped by basically repeating “no comment” when approached by various media hacks.

A few things to consider:

- Mikey Boy gets about £150M per year from TV revenue and a canny dollop on top of that for crowd revenue, merchandise, free advertising (notional) etc. If you were trousering money like that every 12 months, would you sell your cash cow for £350M?

- Past mooted bids have allegedly stumbled because Mikey wanted to retain control of merchandise and (free) advertising. If you were the potential buyer, would you be happy with that? Past bidders allegedly weren’t and walked away.

The latest “revelation” in the media is that sheik whatsisname has opened a company called “monochrome acquisitions”. This has led to some bright sparks claiming that the “takeover is on” because “monochrome” is black and white so there you are – it has to be about the Toon!

Aye right-oh……

Oh aye – and the Sports Direct signs in St James’ Park have been taken down in the last few days so he definitely, definitely must be selling up. Ignoring the fact the club “management” has said they’re being cleaned or replaced – well, at least that’s a step up from “no comment”!

And don’t get me started about the Rafa’s contract saga!

As I said – nobody knows what’s really going on!

Me? Like you, I’ve been here before. I’m relaxed to the point of past caring and will just wait and see.

What will be will be.

Mick

Agree I just try not to think on it till I hear its done I dont believe out  huh?

[Image: DlDCpC.jpg]

One thing we can't underestimate is the current state of the high street. Ashley has a lot of money invested in an area which has been struggling, and will continue to struggle. For that reason alone, I do believe the sale will be of interest to him, as it will free up the money he had in the club and allow him to focus on those things. Whilst I get the argument regarding the TV money, that's only useful if you can stay in the Premier League, and Ashley knows now he is running out of time with Benitez. He has relegated the club twice during his ownership and if this summer goes like every other summer before it, we will be left with a weak squad and a crap manager at the helm come the start of the season.

It's a perfect set of circumstances to sell the club right now and for the reasons stated above I still do think this is as good a chance as we have ever had to offload the club. Have I ruled out the possibility this is just another hoax involving a middle east 3rd party? Not at all, but with Ashley struggling to find ways to make his high street businesses work, this could just be what we need to finally get shut.
Im very optimistic about this. Granted I agree that none of us or the journalist really knows whats going on but the Sheikh's company made a statement and that alone means AT THE VERY LEAST there are interested parties. Does this mean it will happen? Not concretely. But we should all be hoping it does while realizing that it MAY not.

One thing all this HAS done is drawn attention to us. Which is good, especially so if the takeover doesnt happen. Our club has gotten attention, which means also attention from other potential buyers. It garnered quite a bit of attention here in the states as Americans love a bandwagon super successful team (there are now more Man City fans than Newcastle fans here in the states). With Amazon's Jeff Bezos potentially interested in buying a club, that attention is good for us overall. It does drive us crazy, but really I think this is more so because OUR club doesnt keep us informed of things.

So dont hold your breath but hope for a better club situation and find the positives that could come from the attention. There may just yet be light at the end of the tunnel.