Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Totts (a)
Early kick off today 12.30 UK time

On Sky TV

Mick

[Image: tottenham.png]
Fair enough game, they look slightly more dangerous, but we are in it still at the 60th.
Goalkeeping error gives them the points

Ref missed the handball to tee up Son’s shot of course - but we’re used to those things happening against us

Mick
Yeah shame about the goal, but no a bad loss if you will. We deserved a draw but until we stop conceding soft goals that will be hard to come by.
There were a couple of situations which could have changed the game........

If only that shot against the post had gone in

If only when Perez shot he had noticed that Ritchie was to his left in loads of space with an open goal

Perez was crap and missed about four chances as usual - although I did feel a bit sorry for him when totts players kept surrounding him and not giving him the space to fall over.......

ROFL
(02-02-2019, 03:56 PM)Mick Wrote: There were a couple of situations which could have changed the game........

If only when Perez shot he had noticed that Ritchie was to his left in loads of space with an open goal

Perez was crap and missed about four chances as usual - although I did feel a bit sorry for him when totts players kept surrounding him and not giving him the space to fall over.......

ROFL

Big difference for me between today and Tuesday night was that Hayden and Longstaff were playing much deeper today giving Spurs total domination of the centre of the pitch and meaning we were usually short up front on the (very), rare occasions that we got anywhere near their goal.  More generally, despite Tuesday night's magnificent result, we are losing a lot, lot more games when we play like this than we take anything from.  With the best will in the world Rafa can't legislate for goalkeepng and other individual errors, or for cheating opponents or dodgy refereeing.  Perhaps he should consider trying to get something out of games like these by trying harder to score goals in a game.  Before anybody bangs on about goal difference I've heard it said on more than one occasion that our goal difference is like an extra point.  No it fecking well isn't; an extra point is like an extra point.  We could have a goal difference that any manager in the league would be proud of, but if the team finishing the season in 17th position has 1 point more than us - a real actually existing point - then we will be relegated.  I'm not saying throw caution to the wind just for Rafa to bear in mind that the top six teams still only have 11 players on the pitch and also have a goal for us to score in.
(02-02-2019, 04:26 PM)Eeeeen Wrote:
(02-02-2019, 03:56 PM)Mick Wrote: There were a couple of situations which could have changed the game........

ROFL

Big difference for me between today and Tuesday night was that Hayden and Longstaff were playing much deeper today giving Spurs total domination of the centre of the pitch and meaning we were usually short up front on the (very), rare occasions that we got anywhere near their goal.  More generally, despite Tuesday night's magnificent result, we are losing a lot, lot more games when we play like this than we take anything from.  With the best will in the world Rafa can't legislate for goalkeepng and other individual errors, or for cheating opponents or dodgy refereeing.  Perhaps he should consider trying to get something out of games like these by trying harder to score goals in a game.  Before anybody bangs on about goal difference I've heard it said on more than one occasion that our goal difference is like an extra point.  No it fecking well isn't; an extra point is like an extra point.  We could have a goal difference that any manager in the league would be proud of, but if the team finishing the season in 17th position has 1 point more than us - a real actually existing point - then we will be relegated.  I'm not saying throw caution to the wind just for Rafa to bear in mind that the top six teams still only have 11 players on the pitch and also have a goal for us to score in.

Whilst I agree with the majority of your post's I think that in this particular game we were so defensive minded that when we did get a breakaway the players were more concerned about getting back in their defensive positions rather than attacking the ball, Rondon held the ball up well but his support was minimal at best I also thought that Perez despite the criticism he has received played quite well and was a bit unfortunate not to score after he had beat two defenders and tried to switch feet to the right foot instead of having a go with the left. I'm a little disappointed at the result as we had held firm defensively for 83 Mins but if your tactics are defensive minded only and sitting back all the time inadvertently you will get stung.

I also think that once Almerion gets some pitch time he will be a catalyst for Rondon as it showed yesterday with Ritchie getting the ball wide and running at the defence.

Anyway onwards and upwards HWTL.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
How many times have we conceded in the last few minutes this season?

Chelsea home 87min - dropped 1 point
Forest away cup 2x90+
Man U away 90min - dropped 1 point
West Ham away 90+min
Wolves home 90min - dropped 1 point
Liverpool away 79 & 85min
Watford away 82min - dropped 2 points
Man U home 80min
Watford home cup 90+ min
Spurs away 83min - dropped 1point

At least six points given away in the league. Says a lot for the concentration of our defence. Most of those were avoidable if they could remain switched on for the full game.