Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man City...
Great 3 points  LOL!
Superb result and dare i say it ......... going 1-0 down so early was what we needed otherwise we would've done what we always do which is keep things tight for as long as we can. 

Being 1-0 down so early opened the game up from the off and got us on the front foot which i wish we'd do more often. Not wanting to go 1-0 down every game but it is nice to see your team go for it early doors for a change.

Well played lads.  notworthy
That was unreal, I can't remember a feeling like that with Newcastle United in a long time. Talk of a new 20 million pound attacking player and coming from behind to beat the Harlem Globe Trotters with a midfield pairing of Hayden and Longstaff. What a result, what a confidence boost. It's almost like De Ja Vu with Ritchie against Manure last season!

I'd have taken a point combined across Man City and Spurs as a fantastic return, so to get 3 already takes all the pressure off the weekend now.
Speaking of players, for those that dont know, Almiron is a very good player. He is not a goal scorer, but a creator. My only concern with him will be the physical side of the EPL.

All credit to lads yesterday. Too many times have we conceded so early and given up.
I'm in shock! I thought I was going to have another Heart Attack when Ritchie scored that penalty my beer levitated and went all over the place people copied and throw their pint's in the air it was unreal what a night. Well played the whole team I could mention every player for things they did right but I'm too overjoyed at the result.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
(30-01-2019, 11:43 AM)cg40k Wrote: Speaking of players, for those that dont know, Almiron is a very good player. He is not a goal scorer, but a creator. My only concern with him will be the physical side of the EPL.

All credit to lads yesterday. Too many times have we conceded so early and given up.

Thanks for that info Chris - I must admit I knew nothing about him but was reading this morning that he is a Beardsley-esque dribbler.

That'll do for me!

Stick him in as No10 and let's go!

Big Grin
(30-01-2019, 03:35 PM)Mick Wrote:
(30-01-2019, 11:43 AM)cg40k Wrote: Speaking of players, for those that dont know, Almiron is a very good player. He is not a goal scorer, but a creator. My only concern with him will be the physical side of the EPL.

Thanks for that info Chris - I must admit I knew nothing about him but was reading this morning that he is a Beardsley-esque dribbler.

That'll do for me!

Stick him in as No10 and let's go!

Big Grin
Almiron is lightning fast especially running at teams with the ball at his feet, he'll fit into our counter attack style very easily he has a great left foot too.