Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burnley (a)
[Image: burnley.png]
Kick-off delayed to 8.30 UK time due to a medical emergency

Teams not affected

Mick
Great away win and was squeaky bum time towards the end...... never mind my blood pressure has now returned to normal.  3pts and on we go to be the worst funded team to cling onto PL status....... but never mind our players will get a holiday off Great Mike when we stay up without him funding a squad that can compete instead of just survive.
I've been watching NUFC for nearly 40 years. Why does every game I can ever recall have us hangng on at the end?
(27-11-2018, 08:49 AM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: I've been watching NUFC for nearly 40 years.  Why does every game I can ever recall have us hangng on at the end?

... and why does every game we are winning nearly involve me having a first responder battering down my door to give me CPR!

I thought that was an excellent away performance last night, we should have been out of sight again by half time, and certainly with Ritchie's miss. As it stands I don't actually see a way back into the team for Shelvey as a starter. I think the way Ki is keeping things simple whilst still moving the ball forward and setting up attacks is a breath of fresh air to the Quarter back nature of some of Shelvey's play. We have Rafa back as well, if ever there was a game plan for one particular team that was it, it looked like they had been working on it non-stop and in the end we got what we deserved.

Just as a side note as I don't feel it's fair I don't get any credit. Before the Watford game I bought a bottle of Newcastle Brown (not had a drink of this for about 10 years!) and I didn't end up drinking it. As a result I have left it sat in the garage untouched and we have won every game since. I feel this hasn't been mentioned on Sky Sports yet which is unfair, so I felt it was the right time to bring it to everyone's attention.
Whatever you do Ghostie - don't move that bottle!

I think Ki has made a big difference to the team. He is the glue that holds our passing together, and as a result we keep the ball much better and don't give it away so easily. Thought he had a great game last night in an excellent team performance.

Just need to add Muto for Perez at No10 and we'll be fine

Beer

Mick
(27-11-2018, 09:19 AM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote:
(27-11-2018, 08:49 AM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: I've been watching NUFC for nearly 40 years.  Why does every game I can ever recall have us hangng on at the end?

... and why does every game we are winning nearly involve me having a first responder battering down my door to give me CPR!

I thought that was an excellent away performance last night, we should have been out of sight again by half time, and certainly with Ritchie's miss. As it stands I don't actually see a way back into the team for Shelvey as a starter. I think the way Ki is keeping things simple whilst still moving the ball forward and setting up attacks is a breath of fresh air to the Quarter back nature of some of Shelvey's play. We have Rafa back as well, if ever there was a game plan for one particular team that was it, it looked like they had been working on it non-stop and in the end we got what we deserved.

Just as a side note as I don't feel it's fair I don't get any credit. Before the Watford game I bought a bottle of Newcastle Brown (not had a drink of this for about 10 years!) and I didn't end up drinking it. As a result I have left it sat in the garage untouched and we have won every game since. I feel this hasn't been mentioned on Sky Sports yet which is unfair, so I felt it was the right time to bring it to everyone's attention.

I think Ginola did refer to your bottle of unopened brown ale in his coverage.  He said keep the lid on.
Bloody Ginola referring back to his time at Spurs fondly, I nearly choked! However the bottle it is now remaining in the garage until we next lose a game!

Mick, I was going mad about Perez in the first half, he was doing absolutely nothing. In the context of the game though, I thought he did a good job in the second half. We needed an extra body in midfield and I thought he covered well and worked hard. However as a number 10 I have struggled to see his value for many years. He creates very little, loses the ball often and only scores goals in short spells.