Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January targets...
So benitez has said he wants a striker, a winger, a leftback, and a rightback in January. A big window for a club like us  LOL!

Here's my thoughts:

Striker: A backup to Rondon, and with us being out priced on Haller, I imagine we will be looking for a big striker in the 8-15 million range. Wesely Moraes at Brugge is one option. Smaller than Rondon, but faster, still strong on the ball, he would probably run us 12 million, being valued at 9 million but on the rise. Domnic Solanke from Liverpool is another option but will probably cost us more than we are willing to pay being English. 

Winger: Francois Kamano has been linked from Bordeaux and would probably be a good option. Problem is he may cost as much as Haller. Valued at 12 million, he will probably be only let go for around 15-20. He's young and fast too, at only 22. Jonathan Leko may be another option, from West Brom, he is 19, doesnt have alot of experience, but is crazy fast, a decent crosser, and would be massively cheaper being valued only at 1.9 million as of Nov. If we were to finalize the transfer of Rondon, would could possibly throw him into the deal. Much better option than Atsu honestly. 

Leftback and Rightback: The more tricky ones. So this is a wanted position currently in world football with the 5-3-2 and 3-5-2 making big waves in world football. Nicolas Tagliafico (LB) from Ajax would be solid, decent age at 25, but would cost us a fortune probably being valued at 16 million. Ruben Augiler (RB) from Montepellier is a solid option for us and would probably run Yedlin into the bench. He is only valued at 9 million and we could probably get for around 10 million. Honestly these two positions may really cost us some money if we want EPL quality. May need to look to the Championship for this one if only wanting backups.
Great analysis Chris and you've obviously done your homework.

I say the January window will define our intention of both staying in this league and also how much Ashley wants Rafa to stay at the club.

Both of these people need to be on song with this window or it could all go horribly wrong...... fingers crossed.
Hmm so the speculation has started WILL we sign anybody? I think we will but what is going to be Rafa's budget a mars bar and a SD 50% discount voucher just won't cut it Rafa needs a minimum of £40 million in order to get the players he needs but will Fat Boy release that kind of funding I doubt it anyway on to the players on the wish list. One player should be top of the list that being Yacine Brahimi from Porto a winger with CL experience who is electric fast and is going for free in the summer, however, a pre-contract can be signed in January why not pay Porto a couple of million and have him come in January. As for a Striker, we will have to look at the Foreign Market as Fatty will not pay the going rate for a proven striker I will have to come back on this. Defenders again foreign.

huh? huh? huh?

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
If we bought a right-back, we’d release a ready-made fast winger in Yedlin

Just a thought.....

huh?
(12-11-2018, 11:37 AM)Geordie1 Wrote: Hmm so the speculation has started WILL we sign anybody? I think we will but what is going to be Rafa's budget a mars bar and a SD 50% discount voucher just won't cut it Rafa needs a minimum of £40 million in order to get the players he needs but will Fat Boy release that kind of funding I doubt it anyway on to the players on the wish list. One player should be top of the list that being Yacine Brahimi from Porto a winger with CL experience who is electric fast and is going for free in the summer, however, a pre-contract can be signed in January why not pay Porto a couple of million and have him come in January. As for a Striker, we will have to look at the Foreign Market as Fatty will not pay the going rate for a proven striker I will have to come back on this. Defenders again foreign.

huh? huh? huh?

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!!!!!

I would love Brahimi and think he would fit into the EPL perfectly but i see Wolves picking him up as Nuno has strong ties with them.
(12-11-2018, 12:40 PM)Mick Wrote: If we bought a right-back, we’d release a ready-made fast winger in Yedlin

Just a thought.....

huh?

Im thinking Yedlin would stay or even be played on the right wing more, but Rafa's interview said he wanted competition there as well as leftback. Apparently he doesnt rate Manquillo anymore
(12-11-2018, 11:10 PM)cg40k Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 12:40 PM)Mick Wrote: If we bought a right-back, we’d release a ready-made fast winger in Yedlin

Just a thought.....

huh?

Im thinking Yedlin would stay or even be played on the right wing more, but Rafa's interview said he wanted competition there as well as leftback. Apparently he doesnt rate Manquillo anymore

Manquillo is awful Chris
(13-11-2018, 02:27 AM)Boydie Wrote:
(12-11-2018, 11:10 PM)cg40k Wrote:

Just a thought.....

huh?

Manquillo is awful Chris

Well yeah. At least he isnt Premier League quality thats for sure
Im actually surprised about the striker being a priority. This could mean they arent looking at activating Rondon's release clause regardless. His age is a big factor me thinks in this.