Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bournemouth (h)
Today's team:

[Image: bournemouth.png]
What a ball in from Kenedy for a great header from Rondon to make it 2-0
Shame about the late goal, but fantastic start for us. Hopefully we can get another and put this away.
good win. couldnt have made it closer could we
I told you Rondon wasn't up to the job!  Kiss-of-life me like.
Good team performance - lets hope things keep improving and we have a good window come January
Thing is our new boys will only improve the more they play..... not wanting to diss anyone but maybe the injuries we've had is a bit of a blessing allowing the new lads game time. Onwards and upwards HWTL.

Oh and welcome to the forum PJR09.
Another excellent result. I thought we should have been out of sight before half time and was worried we were going to pay for that in the 2nd half. Yes Bournemouth should have had a penalty but so should we with Rondon's shot being blocked by the defenders arm.

I think Ki has shown the qualities I thought we were getting when we signed him and he has brought a genuine calmness to the central midfield which we have missed. I thought Rondon was an absolute beast and he can hopefully now get the run in the team that he needs to kick on. It's fair to say with only 5 starts to his name prior to yesterday, that his time so far has been interrupted with injury and although it tends to happen, we probably need to be a bit more patient with him due to his fitness problems.

Shar on the other hand looks very lightweight, he shirked two crucial challenges yesterday that Fernandez had to bail him out of. Hopefully with coaching and time in the league he will realise you can't go into tackles half hearted. With Lejuene hopefully back in the next 6-8 weeks I can't honestly see how much game time Shar will get in the long run. He doesn't fill me with any confidence though so I won't be disappointed to see Lacelles come back into the team after the international break.
I know Benetiz likes Diame but I would much rather see Ki and Jonjo in midfield rather than Diame and one or the other. I agree with Ghostfacekillah on Schar. Probably a decent enough backup but cant see him getting much game time with Lejuene and Lacelles back. Both him and Clark are going to struggle to get game time if Fernandez, Lacelles, and Lejuene are fit.