Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youngsters
Could any of our current u23's or younger improve what we have right now ?
Hell the whole u23's look better than our starters. I could have seen them getting the result vs cardiff LOL!

Yannick Toure, Longstaffs thats about it.
(30-09-2018, 08:18 PM)cg40k Wrote: Hell the whole u23's look better than our starters. I could have seen them getting the result vs cardiff LOL!

I've saw few of their performance's .... granted only by on line video's but have been impressed with your players mentioned Chris and also think they could freshen things up a bit and inject a bit of desire and pride back into our squad. 

I'm not suggesting Rafa doesn't know about the youngsters talents as i'm sure he does but as you've seen at other clubs like liverpool, spurs etc they seem to progress them to the 1st team squad and get them game time. 

Surely we've got nowt to lose giving the odd one a chance with the way we are at present ??
(30-09-2018, 11:08 PM)Boydie Wrote:
(30-09-2018, 08:18 PM)cg40k Wrote: Hell the whole u23's look better than our starters. I could have seen them getting the result vs cardiff LOL!

I've saw few of their performance's .... granted only by on line video's but have been impressed with your players mentioned Chris and also think they could freshen things up a bit and inject a bit of desire and pride back into our squad. 

I'm not suggesting Rafa doesn't know about the youngsters talents as i'm sure he does but as you've seen at other clubs like liverpool, spurs etc they seem to progress them to the 1st team squad and get them game time. 

Surely we've got nowt to lose giving the odd one a chance with the way we are at present ??

Agree with this. Kevin Mabu comes to mind when thinking about this as the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal are looking at him now. Sean Longstaff definitely looks good enough. Yannick Toure is probably good enough for sub status at least, especially if we need something different on the wings. I thought Luke Charmen would actually stay this year but apparently they still dont think he is good enough. Hopefully we see more of the youngsters this year.
Lads on form today. Lazaar the forgotten defensive back looked excellent as did Gibson. Hope Rafa was watching