Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leicester Match Banter
[Image: Leicester.png]
Kenedy at LB?

If only it was Alan Kennedy!

LOL!
What an absolute load of dross. We are embarrassing.

I refuse to believe watching this that Benitez hasn't lost the dressing room. There is no urgency, no fight, no quality, no one calling anyone out for the dreadful performances they are all putting in. It's appalling.

Maybe the players are sick to death of being made to believe the best they came hope for is camping behind the ball. This has a look of a team right now heading for relegation.
(29-09-2018, 03:50 PM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: What an absolute load of dross. We are embarrassing.

I refuse to believe watching this that Benitez hasn't lost the dressing room. There is no urgency, no fight, no quality, no one calling anyone out for the dreadful performances they are all putting in. It's appalling.

Maybe the players are sick to death of being made to believe the best they came hope for is camping behind the ball. This has a look of a team right now heading for relegation.

One thing we can agree on GhostfaceKillah. Though I support Rafa, he has to change this. League One football at best in that first half. Sad thing is Leicester dont look dangerous at all and even ripe for the taking.
Benitez has lost the fecking plot.

Ritchie off again and Atsu and Joselu stay on? You're a joke Benitez.
Well and thats that at 2-0. Would be some comeback but cant see it happening.
It's certainly not getting any better is it. I thought we had a difficult start to the season with the fixtures we had but by now we should be in our stride and taking teams on especially at home. Things need to change and quickly.
(29-09-2018, 08:21 PM)Boydie Wrote: It's certainly not getting any better is it. I thought we had a difficult start to the season with the fixtures we had but by now we should be in our stride and taking teams on especially at home. Things need to change and quickly.

But how will they?

ASHLEY OUT!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
I don't think things can be changed.

Benitez has persistently pissed off our most consistent performer in Ritchie. I remember back to his Liverpool days when he did something similar with Xabi Alonso when Benitez went after Gareth Barry, and at the time I remember thinking what on earth is he playing at. Trying to make Ritchie a make way for Towsend in the summer, plus making him his first substitution every game despite the fact Kenedy and Atsu are both completely useless week in and week out looks to have riled Ritchie beyond all reasonable sense. What Benitez is doing with Ritchie is mind boggling.

I'd also make sure that unless we absolutely had to we never witnessed Joselu start another game in black and white. If Rondon is having surgery and will be out until God knows when, I'd much rather see Perez forced up top and Muto come in to play behind in, or vice versa. If I had known this was how our season would turn out, I'd be going crazy at the thought of Gayle being let go. As much as Gayle had huge flaws, primarily his inability to score consistently, in the system we play, with Shelvey looking to knock balls in behind defences, he is an INFINITELY better option than Joselu.

Benitez won't do this though, in the same way he wouldn't pick Mitrovic despite the fact he was worth a shot at the very least, seems to show that if you play well in training, regardless of how consistently rubbish you are when it counts on match day, you will always get a game. Kenedy and Joselu must be world beaters Monday to Friday because on match day they are complete garbage, the pair of them are a waste of space.

Looking at the attitude of the players I genuinely think that there may be some relationships between Benitez and certain individuals which are now beyond repair. The fight has gone, the players are not willing to go that extra mile for Benitez like they were last season. It looks very much like some of the dressing room has been lost and we all know what happens when relationships go beyond strained between key players the manager. As get relegated watching this absolute dross, I'd rather see Benitez do the honourable thing and walk away. His attitude and negativity has spread through the squad like wildfire and right now I can't see that changing for the better. Benitez was that one light that we had, but as much as it pains me to say it, he has now become a part of the problem.

I'm sure Benitez will still have plenty who would defend him all the way back down to the Championship again, but I'm sorry, there is no way the players we have are as bad as the performances this season suggest. You only need to wind back 6 or 7 months to show that whilst we are missing quality in areas of the pitch, we are a far better unit than what Benitez has tried to make us believe. The trouble now is that not only do our fans seem to think this is as good as it gets, but his negative tactics also now make the players believe that too.