Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can We Beat Leicester?
Leicester come to the cathedral this Saturday

A competent, mid-table team with some excellent individual players.

We need 3 points - this is the sort of team we should be looking to get them from - but can we?

We're pretty good defensively but creating and scoring goals remains a problem - not helped by Rondon apparently doubtful to be fit.

I would love it, just love it if we can beat them

But can we?

Mick
I really think we "need" to beat them, just for confidence. They are a good team but they're not Man City. As you've said though, I don't see us creating anything again.
No chance i'm afraid ....we can't score and our wonder signing (Rondon) has went to Amsterdam for his leg (quad) problem. Maybe we can gain a 0-0 .  feck
Cant see us beating them. Hoping for a draw is probably the most we can ask for against them. If we create a few chances, act like they care, and we still get a draw I will be happy.
Benitez seems hell bent on shoving everyone behind the ball no matter who we play, but he is going to need to change his approach soon, hopefully today will be that day where we at least try and win the game. With Maddison and Vardy this game could easily go either way, but in classic Newcastle fashion, I can see us nicking this one and getting out of relegation.
So the answer is no LOL!
(29-09-2018, 04:32 PM)cg40k Wrote: So the answer is no LOL!

And I was wrong about our ability to defend!!

Blush
(29-09-2018, 05:05 PM)Mick Wrote:

Blush

A tale of two clubs going in different directions Mick. Though I will say that Leicester didnt look all that impressive
(29-09-2018, 05:47 PM)cg40k Wrote:

Blush

A tale of two clubs going in different directions Mick. Though I will say that Leicester didnt look all that impressive

Your right Chris.... Leicester were nowt special at all yet we still couldn't carve out any decent chances, Joselu had a chance when Perez played him in but took too long to shoot and waited until he was tackled by Maguire, other than that we were toothless.
(29-09-2018, 08:28 PM)Boydie Wrote:
(29-09-2018, 05:47 PM)cg40k Wrote:

Blush

Your right Chris.... Leicester were nowt special at all yet we still couldn't carve out any decent chances, Joselu had a chance when Perez played him in but took too long to shoot and waited until he was tackled by Maguire, other than that we were toothless.

Dead on, they were ripe for the taking, looked like we couldnt be bothered.