Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's been a While
Morning Everyone.

It's been a while eh. I'm still around though and as opinionated as ever.

Just a few things to put in.

Firstly, thanks to Boydie for his kind messages. Top bloke as ever.

Secondly, as some of you may know, I'm quite a busy bloke  Big Grin
Always something going on, whether it's being at the games or being involved in fan groups or protests.

So, it's not that I don't want to contribute on here.
I'm a gobshite and I've got loads to say. I always will have.
I need to find the time as I've had some good times on here.

Finally, for now, what's the feeling in relation to the Magpie Group and the stuff they/we are attempting to do?
In case some are unaware, Ashley seems to be wilting.
His businesses are turning on him.
The national press, apart from those in the pocket of his PR company are on to him.
Momentum is building and we may eventually be nearing the end of his tenure.

BUT, the group still needs support. I had issues with them initially and left the group, but I've been asked back on board to see what I can offer. They are all now pulling in the same and right direction which can only aid the cause.

I'll be there tomorrow for the latest planned protest at SD St Jame's Park. If anyone's along give me a shout.

Don't think I'm just on here with the rallying call mind.
I'm going to try and be more active.
I know too many on here miss having someone to argue with  Big Grin

Have good day people and I'll be on board again soon.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
(14-09-2018, 09:36 AM)SirLes9 Wrote: Morning Everyone.

It's been a while eh. I'm still around though and as opinionated as ever.

Just a few things to put in.

Firstly, thanks to Boydie for his kind messages. Top bloke as ever.

Secondly, as some of you may know, I'm quite a busy bloke  Big Grin
Always something going on, whether it's being at the games or being involved in fan groups or protests.

So, it's not that I don't want to contribute on here.
I'm a gobshite and I've got loads to say. I always will have.
I need to find the time as I've had some good times on here.

Finally, for now, what's the feeling in relation to the Magpie Group and the stuff they/we are attempting to do?
In case some are unaware, Ashley seems to be wilting.
His businesses are turning on him.
The national press, apart from those in the pocket of his PR company are on to him.
Momentum is building and we may eventually be nearing the end of his tenure.

BUT, the group still needs support. I had issues with them initially and left the group, but I've been asked back on board to see what I can offer. They are all now pulling in the same and right direction which can only aid the cause.

I'll be there tomorrow for the latest planned protest at SD St Jame's Park. If anyone's along give me a shout.

Don't think I'm just on here with the rallying call mind.
I'm going to try and be more active.
I know too many on here miss having someone to argue with  Big Grin

Have good day people and I'll be on board again soon.

Good to see you back Steve as you know my self-block on anything Ashley has his fingers in is ongoing even though it hurts like hell not being at the games but it is in my self-opinionated block a necessary one. Can I ask you a question are you still a member of the "Fans Forum"? and if so what do you think of the clubs cancellation of the latest meeting do you think they are running scared or they do it because they can and don't give a frig I would love to be a fly on the wall in Chumpleys office when he calls fat boy about the state of the TOON.

Just a quick note on Ashleys empire it does seem to be losing a lot of money and investment and shareholders of sh*t direct are calling for Ashley to step down as the CEO and a lot of their grievance is because of the negative publicity he has been receiving which is all true in my opinion. We all as you rightly said we must all keep the pressure on we need to attack him where it hurts like the sd webshop order loads of stuff but then don't follow through with payment was a brilliant idea I ordered over 25k of stuff but didn't pay HA!!!

Anyway, Steve keep your posts coming bonny lad.

ASHLEY OUT!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
Good to hear from you mate. The forum is a lot quieter than in the past.

I'm fully behind everything the magpie group are trying to achieve but the cynical side of me still feels that he won't move or cut the asking price until he's good and ready. I recon he's a stubborn fecker and won't move in a hurry. No harm trying to give him a shove though.
I think the very fact he's hiding from his own shareholders says a lot about his state of mind.
He makes out he's a tough businessman but he is actually very sensitive to criticism, at any level and from any person or group.
It's getting to him more now than it ever did.
Maybe NUFC is a headache he can do without?

It's already been suggested that he's privately said he will take an offer of 300 million with no strings.
That's hardly the bullish, fighting attitude we've seen before.
There's hope and we need to keep believing as this may well be our last chance.
Fail now, lose Rafa and it could be game over.
Look 20 miles down the road for where we could be.

Anyhow, enough doom and gloom.
Good to see a few of the old brigade hanging in here.
Thing with Newcastle is there is always something to talk about, good or bad.
It may be quieter on here, but that's pretty much reflecting the club right now.
Fan numbers are dropping, home and away but there will hopefully be brighter times ahead and it'll all pick up again.

Keep the faith and keep forcing the issue with Ashley.
We'll get there in the end.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
Forgot to add, yes Daryl, I'm still on the Fans Forum though probably not for much longer.

My level of questioning has been questioned by some at the club, but I'm not taking a step back.

I've asked questions that fans want asking and I don't hold back.
Plenty of "where's the money gone" types.

Criticisms of the club generally as well as my usual away fan stuff that I tend to throw in.

Next meeting is planned for the 24th.
Be interesting to see if it happens.
(14-09-2018, 05:15 PM)SirLes9 Wrote: Forgot to add, yes Daryl, I'm still on the Fans Forum though probably not for much longer.

My level of questioning has been questioned by some at the club, but I'm not taking a step back.

I've asked questions that fans want asking and I don't hold back.
Plenty of "where's the money gone" types.

Criticisms of the club generally as well as my usual away fan stuff that I tend to throw in.

Next meeting is planned for the 24th.
Be interesting to see if it happens.
Keep up the good work mate.  How many fans forums do they have to have a season?  Is it still an FA / PL requirement?
Welcome back Steve mate.
Nice to see you again Steve

[Image: DlDCpC.jpg]

Welcome back, im also back LOL
Great to see you again Chris  notworthy