Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1st one in
Welcome to the Toon Ki Sung -Yueng

[Image: Newcastle-United-Unveil-New-Signing-Ki-S...=615%2C360]
A mackem bloke at work has said we've made a decent signing .... he said Ki is big and strong, always wants the ball and doesn't give it away. He also said that he's a good footballer not flashy but reads the game well, good in the air and makes lots of interceptions and always tries to play forward... he likened him to Michael Carrick.
Apparently he turned down West Ham and AC Milan to join us as he wants to link up with Shelvey again.
Canny player from what I remember

Mick
Interesting. Always thought technically he looked really sound, plays the ball well.

What's strange though is that Swansea chose to drop him when things weren't going well for them collectively. Not sure how much we can read into that, he deserves a fresh start under Rafa like anyone else.

Where does he fit in though? Shelvey and Diame were fantastic after Christmas as a partnership, and I still feel we have Merino to get back into this side somehow.
(02-07-2018, 11:13 AM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: Interesting. Always thought technically he looked really sound, plays the ball well.

What's strange though is that Swansea chose to drop him when things weren't going well for them collectively. Not sure how much we can read into that, he deserves a fresh start under Rafa like anyone else.

Where does he fit in though? Shelvey and Diame were fantastic after Christmas as a partnership, and I still feel we have Merino to get back into this side somehow.

Merino's replacement I'd have thought mate.  £10m in the bank and a free through the door.
Given the release clause in the Merino contract I think it is only a matter of time before he goes which is a shame as I think he would have been a great player for us in the future.
(02-07-2018, 02:49 PM)mickyquinnstache Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 11:13 AM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: Interesting. Always thought technically he looked really sound, plays the ball well.

Merino's replacement I'd have thought mate.  £10m in the bank and a free through the door.

I agree with this... Merino has made it clear he wants away and an opening is there for Ki to come in..... similar to Ritchie being flaunted about for anyone ith money for us to get Townsend back.
It’s as it has always been 1 in 1 out. With the frustration being that we cannot get shot of the rubbish we’ve accumulated over the years so we can strengthen, instead our only outgoings are people that do or could do a job for us. This is what happens when you sell your better players and replace them with cheap rubbish... you’re left with nothing but a group of worthless players.