Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Totts (a)
[Image: DcxROIJX0AUDMeB.png]
Well i was happy enough with that 1st half showing. We look more like our old selves again. Could easily be in front.
We do boydie, we were doing well but unable to score again. It really shows the difference a good striker makes.
I agree Alan our poor show up front lets us down terribly
You can’t fault the effort, even the play. We did well but need a striker for next season. It must be some kind of record to stay up with a top scorer with 8 goals let alone possibly finishing tenth. It’s easy to go with what if’s i guess but i think we’d have been very comfortable this season if we’d had a decent striker on our books. Fingers crossed for next season.

At least chelsea have nothing to play for now.

Edit.. just noticed they got a point and can still catch liverpool... bugger.
We have Harry Kane in that match, we win by 2 or 3 goals with the chances we created today and the positions we get into. It has been the story of our season though, even back into our poor spell leading up to Christmas, some games just lacked a striker who could hit the back of the net. With a net spend of minus 5 million though, what do you expect?! It's a miracle we are where we are and it's thanks to Rafa's organisation and a group of players who have worked hard to put into practice what they learn on the training ground.

Gayle is hands down one of the worst Premier League strikers we have ever had. No conviction, no composure, no confidence, absolutely no goal scoring ability. It's frightening just how poor he is in front of goal at this level.
TBH i've more or less accepted that that's it for us this season Alan and just hope for more fire power and Rafa to stay for next season. 

As for our forwards..... your dead right..... you really can't fault the effort but we have exactly what their price tags give you.... which isn't PL standard i'm afraid. 

Anyway roll on next season
(09-05-2018, 10:00 PM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: We have Harry Kane in that match, we win by 2 or 3 goals with the chances we created today and the positions we get into. It has been the story of our season though, even back into our poor spell leading up to Christmas, some games just lacked a striker who could hit the back of the net. With a net spend of minus 5 million though, what do you expect?! It's a miracle we are where we are and it's thanks to Rafa's organisation and a group of players who have worked hard to put into practice what they learn on the training ground.

Gayle is hands down one of the worst Premier League strikers we have ever had. No conviction, no composure, no confidence, absolutely no goal scoring ability. It's frightening just how poor he is in front of goal at this level.

The thing is Ghost the 2 loan signings in Dubravka and Kenedy have ignited our side and gave us a bit more class yet they're just loans and with Chelsea looking for £20m+ for Kenedy (which i hear Rafa is keen to keep a hold of them both) how much money do you actually think Ashley will give Rafa to work with ? 

A decent PL standard striker will cost £30m then we have to think about making these loans permanent and also bolstering the squad with quality for injuries etc.
To be honest Boydie I wouldn't sign Kenedy. He had a decent debut and a good game against Southampton. Those games aside though, I think if Atsu had given the ball away as much as he has, and contributed the same amount, we would have been crying out for a summer signing to replace him. Dubravka is a no brainer, especially if the reported 4 million is to be believed. I'd let Kenedy go back to Chelsea based on what we have seen from him overall. For me, this perceived level of class he has is offset against what he came in to replace, it was never going to be hard to look better than Atsu, and as such I feel some people have gone over the top with their praise for him. Works hard, just not enough end product.
I agree Dubravka at 4m is a bargain and by all accounts is helping to push Darlowe to a slightly higher level too which will help. Kennedy has been linked to much richer clubs now and i don’t see us getting him i’d be disappointed if we didn’t try though. He’s not been the best away from home but he’s better than our alternatives as has been pointed out.

I don’t know who the answer is up front, it maybe we sign someone relatively unknown and get a bargain but those are hard to come by in the striker department. As has been said fingers crossed for next season now.