Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pardew Sacked Again
West Brom have decided to part company with Pardeaux

If only they had listened to us

No doubt he'll get a canny pay off and will soon be back as a telly pundit telling us where everyone else is going wrong

LOL!
Carver sacked too. Where next for these two? After all they’re two of the best managers in the premiership are they not? Maybe PSG will come calling or maybe they’ll find their real level? Somewhere like byker reserves.
It does amaze me that we have a small group of failed managers in this country who simply rotate through the lower table clubs. Pardew, Hughes, Lambert, Moyles, Maclaren, Hodgson, even Allardyce and Pullis to a certain extent. Owners seem willing to hand them the reigns and risk millions and millions despite previous failings. Ask any fan of Pardews previous clubs and they will tell you his past record doesn't stack up to much. He'll still be a manager of another PL or Championship club next season at some point though.

Where are the next generation coming from?
(03-04-2018, 09:22 AM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: It does amaze me that we have a small group of failed managers in this country who simply rotate through the lower table clubs.  Pardew, Hughes, Lambert, Moyles, Maclaren, Hodgson, even Allardyce and Pullis to a certain extent.  Owners seem willing to hand them the reigns and risk millions and millions despite previous failings.  Ask any fan of Pardews previous clubs and they will tell you his past record doesn't stack up to much.  He'll still be a manager of another PL or Championship club next season at some point though.

Where are the next generation coming from?

Good question you will find that Premier League clubs will stick to the foreign-based manager's and won't give the light of day to any homegrown talent you could say that the only UK manager to come through in the last 10 years or so is Eddie Howe even if it's with a very small club in Bournemouth, people were not long ago wanting him to become the next England, manager but as usual stuck to the old boys club choice in Southgate.

scratch scratch scratch

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
I wonder how Bexit will effect this issue. Will young, foreign managers qualify for work permits? Will older, cheaper, riskier foreign managers? The same with players and youth academy’s particularly. Depending on how visas and freedom of movement are worked out clubs (particularly the likes of chelsea and city who hoover up young europeans in the hopes they’ll come good) are going to have to seriously change their business models. I have no idea what the end result of brexit will be but the premiership could be a very very different beast in a few tears time if the hardened brexiteers in our government get what they want.