Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slimani
I heard a rumour today that Slimani had been called up to represent his country Albania .... is this true ..... he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet ?
(15-03-2018, 08:51 PM)Boydie Wrote: I heard a rumour today that Slimani had been called up to represent his country Albania .... is this true ..... he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet ?

Rafa's hands are tied.  He has to report in if called upon.
(14-03-2018, 01:33 PM)Ciatmol Wrote:
(13-03-2018, 08:27 PM)GhostfaceKillah Wrote: Yeah absolutely. The shameful thing about this, is that we are just one competitive striker with a bit of quality away from being a top half side.

What a shame we didn't make Darryl Murphy our first choice before he left, he would have done the job for us this season.

Totally agree with this. I think he was only let go because Rafa was promised he could spend money if he reduced the squad, then when it turned out he’d been lied to Rafa had to quickly find a replacement without spending a lot more cash than Murphies sale brought us. Had Rafa known he’d be screwed over again i think Murphy would still be at the club.

This is the reason he signed Joselu.  I'm sure Rafa would have kept Murphy with hindsight.  I'm also guessing that he thought Gayle would score more in the PL.  The lad at Brighton has stepped up but Gayle hasn't.