Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crystal Palace (a)
FFS stop letting Darlow take free kicks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How have we gone from dominating this game to being complete sh*t?  Maybe we should avoid scoring goals at all costs.
Quite frankly we were lucky to get a point. Yet again another rubbish second half!
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
Away draw .needed 3 but it's better than no points
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
Second half performances have been an issue long before Rafa's time. We used to suspect Pardew's anti motovational half time team talks.
Yeah the second half performance issues have plagued us for a long time now.

I actually think it could be that because we do a good job of starting games well, we go on the front foot when everyone is full of energy, and we do tend to control games early on, not letting the opposition get a foot hold in the game. It actually started before half time yesterday, it was around the 38 minute mark where Palace started to create chances, and we never recovered from it. It seems that once momentum swings, we can't get our foot back in the game, and then as tiredness creeps in, we just look like a bang average Championship standard side clinging on for dear life.

I am not sure if it's a quality issue, a fitness issue, a mentality issue, or maybe a combination of all 3. Whatever it is behind it, it's not a myth, you could go back and watch tapes of most of our games this season and see the same pattern.

Maybe a half decent striker up front might transform this. How disheartening must it be for the defence and midfield to work so hard, only to have no one up front capable of hitting the target, let alone score a goal. We will see what happens when Slimani comes into the team, as with Gayle or Joselu, we might as well play with 10 men, the pair of them are utterly, utterly useless.
What Slimani brings to the team - whick Gayle & Joselu can't do - is the ability to hold the ball.

When this is added to what Kenedy is capable of doing - I think we'll see more goals.

Mick
i think we have to admit to ourselves that , basically, - we're a pile of sh*t.

for the first time i can remember in a long time - we simply dont have ONE player who would get into any other first team on a regular basis - and it hurts.

the sky nonces keep referring to us as a team of championship players - and much as i dislike them (Carragher particularly) - they're right.

back to the championship and the drawing board for me. Better times all round. screw the premier league - its a farce
I've said for a long time we have average players at nufc .if a takeover happens i don't expect to see any of these players here within 2 years of a buyout
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
Well, I think we all know now that unless the TOON is sold to an ambitious owner, na any owner but ASHLEY we will be the quintessential yo-yo club going up going down and fat boy pocketing the Parachute payments season in season out. However after saying all that I do think that the TOON will be sold this Summer or earlier to m/s Stavely and Co, so there may be hope on the horizon but I will not be holding my breath.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.