Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telegraph!
Hmm, an interesting write up by Luke Edwards in the Telegraph today, unfortunately, telling the facts on how this prolonged takeover is progressing and how much influence the supporters and manager have on its outcome. scratch scratch scratch

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017...upporters/

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
Aye sums up where i think we are anyway. All we can do is hope for it to work out.
She has a history of this. She was heavily involved in taking over Liverpool before Fenway's took over. By all accounts she made herself very prominent in the local area and was in a number of media outlets touting the backers she had and how serious she was. In the end it turned out to be an elaborate attention seeking exercise.

The fact that a) we have an owner notoriously difficult to negotiate with and b) an interested party with a history of attention seeking, leads me to air very much on the side of caution as to where this will end up.

If I had to put my money on it now I would say we won't be any further by the time the January window has closed and after that, we are powerless to do anything further about relegation this season and are stuck with what we have.
I kind of knew this would be a drawn out game of hard ball and i can't see this being done before Jan and maybe not at all. the club however remains for sale but it's for sale at Ashley's price or nothing. Brace yourselves folks we may have to drop to the championship again to dig the daggers into Ashley.
We've taken one point from the last 18.

And we're in a relegation fight.

Even if there are genuinely parties who are serious about buying us (and I have my doubts) - they're not going to do that before the end of the season. 

Why would they pay Ashley's price for a PL club when there is a risk we will be a Championship club again next season?

Mick
Ashley wants out he has said that .To me he doesn't hold all the cards it's the buyer who holds them ,the longer he waits the price will go down as like already said we could get relegated .I think the club will be sold .it's just a waiting game
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
Well blow me doon according to the press it's a done deal Ashley met up with Staverly in an Indians on Thursday over a Vindaloo and have settled on a price however it will take the FA 30-40 days to ratify any new owner so the January transfer window could be nackerd saying that though there is talk of Rafa being given the money to spend and it will be a loan of Ashley and the money paid back to him once the deal has gone through.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
New owners can still loan the club money if they both agree to it
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
Apparently another group, unnamed of course, has offered 320m. Of course if that were true surely Ash would have accepted it? I mean if Staveley is as strict with her offer as has been claimed by his friends in the media. Sounds a little fishy to me but there you have it.