Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There! I Feel Better Now!
Reet I have kept my gob shut and just watched and read the fall out with some TOON supporters against Rafa after last Saturdays dismal performance and yes I agree it was a shocking display however you can't  make a silk purse out of a Sows ear and we all know that as Rafa pleaded with Ashley  for more funds in the Summer because he knew that the team was not good enough to play it with the big boys, yes, ok they had a good run but as soon as any significant injury ocurs in the team he is back to square one, unfortuently I agree with most that a 4 4 2 set up agaist a well-drilled team who have scored in every away game that they have played was a costly mistake. Yes, Rafa should shoulder some blame for playing a system that just does not work with wor team and doing so whilst we were missing three first-team players was in its self a gamble (Ashley will be pleased). 

What we must do now is not so much criticise the team although on Saturday they deserved a lot of criticism or Rafa because this is how our hand has been dealt, the only guilty person who deserves all the Facebook, Twitter, Myspace messages is Ashley. I do think however that once this sale of the club goes through we will have a much brighter future and with new funds available and Rafa in charge dust of your Passport, you could be needing it after season 18/19.

Beer Beer Beer

ASHLEY OUT!!!!!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
I’m sticking a less experienced oar in here, lads. Apologies. 
I agree completely that Rafa is a top, top coach.
And I understand that Toon fans feel we are punching way above our weight to have him still with us.
But I’ve heard a bit of stuff in the last few weeks implying we can’t criticise because of this. That we must keep our mouth’s shut, that we will lose him. 
I do understand where this impulse came from, but I also feel it must not detract from imformed, articulate debate amongst fans. Sure, if anyone is suggesting “Rafa out!” at this stage, they probably need politely leading away. 
But there ARE debates to be had, I believe. Valid ones, that are raised with the best of motives by knowledgeable, comitted fans.
I don’t think we should be implying this is a bad thing. The team, led by Rafa, still ‘belongs’ to the guys on the terraces, surely? 
They can, and must, voice their opinions and must feel free to do so - not be silenced by some implied threats that Rafa will leave if they criticise him, and it will be all their fault. 
Rafa won’t leave because of the passion of the fans. He may well leave in spite of it.
But there is little we can do about that. As we’ve always known. 
My call is to treat Rafa with the utmost respect, but not to make him untouchable. I imagine if he could meet fans 1-2-1, he’d be happy to explain selection choices and tactics. 
And I’m sure he’d acknowledge sometimes he gets them wrong, or simply gets let down.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my brief years rooting for the Toon, it’s that owners and magagers come and go, but the club endures. The fans endure. 
No one is above that. Not even, (bless his every waking moment,) Rafa Benitez. 
Xxtc
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance." ee cummings, 1894-1962
In Rafa's case IMO, 'Form is temporary, class is permanent!' 
I'd rather have him with us than be without him this season.
Neither he nor the players are above criticism. As I see it I think the argument is, make the criticism constructive rather than abusive.
I agree about the return of Perez and the reasons for that!  mudsling.gif Big Grin
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
Well said lasses i agree with you both.... we have a superb manager yet nobody is above criticism and as long as it's done the right way and without personal abuse then all's ok in my book.  Howay the Lads .... In Rafa we trust.  Beer
The problem we have with much of our fanbase is that criticism isn't constructive it is vile and hides behind the facade of social media. This isn't just a football issue its a society issue. I've read abuse of some of our players and its awful. Keyboard warriors who wouldn't dare hurl abuse face to face. It does nothing to help the situation and simply affects a players confidence.
(28-11-2017, 04:56 PM)mickyquinnstache Wrote: The problem we have with much of our fanbase is that criticism isn't constructive it is vile and hides behind the facade of social media.  This isn't just a football issue its a society issue.  I've read abuse of some of our players and its awful.  Keyboard warriors who wouldn't dare hurl abuse face to face.  It does nothing to help the situation and simply affects a players confidence.

Spot on, totally agree with that!   Rock On
"The club can never go anywhere under Mike Ashley. I promise you that." Kevin Keegan.
As someone who's attended the odd game this season, I've done my fair share of defending and criticising.
That goes for the manager, the players who are on the pitch and those who people believe should be on it.
I've had face to face discussions at games. At Chelsea I had a lad slagging Perez off to me, accusing him of being lazy. Now the lad may be flawed, but being lazy can never be aimed at him and I put him right on that. Wasn't happy, but as you have all said on here, be constructive as opposed to just laying in to a player because you don't like him.

Same goes for Rafa. I thinks he's got it wrong on several occasions this season personally, but he's also got it right more times than I care to remember. If he wasn't here and we had a manager of the calibre of some of those before him, my guess is we would be rooted to the foot of the table.
Get the take over done and dusted (I think this is a distraction by the way) then give him what he needs to make the team successful. I'm sure he will do it given the backing he should have already had imo.

Social media can be the best and the worst where football is concerned.
So many players use it so they leave themselves open to personal abuse when things aren't going well and there are too many idiots out there all too willing to "@perez" or "@diame" Shocking behaviour from so called fans.
What happened to supporting the shirt?

Success wouldn't change this.
We would just get a whole new bunch of wanabe "fans" attaching themselves to the club and the critique would increase ten fold.
I used to go to Chelsea as a young lad and it was fearsome. Now its just loathsome and the epitome of all that is wrong with the modern game/fan.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
^^^welcome back mate - you've been a miss
(06-12-2017, 11:57 AM)tattyheed Wrote: ^^^welcome back mate - you've been a miss

Thanks mate, though in truth I've never been away.
I have a read now and again and if there's something I feel I can make a valid comment on, I do.

Probably spending more time on the likes of twitter than is good for my health but It's a laugh most of the time.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.