Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Ham Christmas Eve?
Rumours gathering pace that Sky have already selected our game at West Ham for their Christmas Eve Lunchtime slot.
Arsenal v Liverpool is said to be the 4pm game.

!.30 or 4.00 makes little difference.
It'll be a shocking decision if it turns out to be the case.

My guess is Sky will be looking at their crews and employees who are probably London based and thinking it makes it easier for them to be at home in time to spend Christmas with their families.
Had it been a home game for us, they would have been travelling home well in to Christmas morning.
It simply wouldn't have happened.

Once again Sky appear to be showing a total disregard for fans making the journey to support their teams.
Love them or hate them, you can only sympathise even more with Liverpool fans.
What time will they get home if these games are allowed to happen?

Easy to say don't go, but that just plays in to the hands of these London loving broadcasting companies.
Just don't go and then increase the home sides advantage even more.

Also need to bear in mind that we then play Man City on Boxing Day.
As if they need any more help against us!

As I said, only rumours, but very strong ones, with the decision set to be announced on October 14th.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
(05-10-2017, 05:20 PM)SirLes9 Wrote: Rumours gathering pace that Sky have already selected our game at West Ham for their Christmas Eve Lunchtime slot.
Arsenal v Liverpool is said to be the 4pm game.

!.30 or 4.00 makes little difference.
It'll be a shocking decision if it turns out to be the case.

My guess is Sky will be looking at their crews and employees who are probably London based and thinking it makes it easier for them to be at home in time to spend Christmas with their families.
Had it been a home game for us, they would have been travelling home well in to Christmas morning.
It simply wouldn't have happened.

Once again Sky appear to be showing a total disregard for fans making the journey to support their teams.
Love them or hate them, you can only sympathise even more with Liverpool fans.
What time will they get home if these games are allowed to happen?

Easy to say don't go, but that just plays in to the hands of these London loving broadcasting companies.
Just don't go and then increase the home sides advantage even more.

Also need to bear in mind that we then play Man City on Boxing Day.
As if they need any more help against us!

As I said, only rumours, but very strong ones, with the decision set to be announced on October 14th.

If that is true surely the gofers in the Premier League committee would have to step in and say enough is enough but your right they are all southern based clowns and would not dare contradict SKY and their minions.  If true Steve it's a total disgrace.

ASHLEY OUT!!!!
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
In the pre-Sky days, commonsense was applied to the fixtures.

We always used to be given a game against Leeds (yes, as I said, pre-Sky!)

Money clearly overrules commonsense these days

Funny how the London clubs are at home and it's our fans that lose out.

What a surprise

Angry
The Labour Party’s Tom Watson MP (Shadow Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport) has written to Premier League Chairman Richard Scudamore.

Dear Richard,

I’m writing to you today to express my concern over recent discussions surrounding proposed Premier League fixture changes on Christmas Eve this year.

I’m sure you are fully aware of the strength of feeling from supporters over the proposal to move one or possibly two games from the 23 December to 24 December this year.

The games under discussion, Arsenal vs Liverpool and reportedly West Ham vs Newcastle United would normally represent two of the longest round trips for away fans on a normal match day.

I have already raised fans’ concerns about fixtures scheduled in such a way which precludes fans from travelling to and from games by public transport. It is a problem which only seems to be increasing in frequency.

Given that Sundays often have restricted public transport, this problematic situation will only be exacerbated by the Christmas rail schedules.

There’s a real danger that some travelling fans would not be able to get home until the early hours of Christmas Day, whilst hundreds of stadium staff and workers would be expected to work rather than spending time with their families at this time of year.

I accept that televised football on a Sunday, and over the Christmas period in guise of Boxing Day fixtures are a well-established part of the football calendar but I urge you to recognise the concerns of fans, staff and families about the Christmas Eve proposals and enter into a dialogue with supporters and broadcasters, so we can preserve the special occasion of Christmas Eve and make sure fans are not forced to choose between their loved ones and their team at this time of year.

Yours sincerely

Tom Watson MP

Shadow Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
Your point on the London clubs being at home Mick.
No doubt that will be Sky looking after their own interests yet again.

My guess is that the majority of the Sky production crew will live in the London area.
Even at a 4pm ko they will still have the gear stripped out and be home in bed before the fat bloke comes down the chimney.
If it was 4pm in Newcastle or Liverpool, they would never get home before the early hors of Christmas Day.

I'm sure that will be a major factor in their scheduling.

As for the fans who are being put in a similar position, tough.

I'm in constant communication with the NUST, who are doing their utmost to fight out corner, along with the trusts of the other clubs. Despite not being under threat themselves, the other trusts are as against the idea as we are. Including West Ham and Arsenal.

Going to be an interesting couple of weeks while this is sorted out.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.