Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sleeping Giant
We've been hailed as a sleeping giant in not so recent times even though our support and following still defy logic. 

The Southern media seem to think that we are nothing but deluded glory hunters without any history to proclaim it.

We can't back anything up simply because we've produced no trophies since 1969.

Yet we were inches away from claiming the PL title from a club who were always up there.

I know that during this time many of our hierarchy were milking the great times but i don't care.... simply because the fans were happy, we were fighting for a Title and competing in the CL.

Some say that in those great times we were in debt but now we have an owner that wiped that debt.

But the truth is we owe more debt to Ashley now than we've ever had but without having a top draw side competing at the top end of the PL and not even thinking of the CL.

We couldn't compete with the clubs that came up with us from the embarrassment of the championship in the transfer window.

We have a top draw manager with very little tools to work with all because of the cancer which is Ashley who has single handedly made us a club of broken biscuits. 

He has said that we don't have any advertising money coming in yet he covers our stadium with his jumble sale shop signs wherever he can fit them.... all for free.

WE ARE FAR FROM THE SLEEPING GIANT THAT WE ONCE WERE.

I hold no hope for this season and feel it for the fans that still spew up a lot of hard earned money to serve our beloved club.

Will we ever be the Sleeping Giant again ?

If this is of any use for the blog Mick feel free to use it and indeed edit and add if you think fit mate.
Thanks Boydie - Yes it is!

I'll blog it today

Cheers mate

notworthy
Aye if he paid the going rate for the amount of advertising he'd get we wouldn't have any debt at all and would probably have some profit there even and some investment. We;d also be available for sale at a less ridiculous price (a lot believe the 450 quoted in the summer included that debt, if it doesn't then he's valuing us at Over half a billion with the debt later added!) and would be a better bet for anyone looking to invest. In fact we;d probably be sold already.

Instead though we seem to be paying his tat shop fees for the storage of our merchandise.......