Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stadium Safety.
I know I haven't been on here much lately, but I would just like to add this post as it's quite an important issue.

As some of you know, I am on the fans forum, and we as a group have recently been in contact with the club regarding safety and security in and around SJP.
In the light of recent events in this country and beyond, there is a real fear among the group that football stadiums may well be a potential target for terrorist related activity.

Initially, we brought up the subject of road closures on Strawberry place. Anyone who goes to games will know the issue there and many felt it could be an accident waiting to happen in more ways than one.

It was then decided to broaden the scope to ALL areas in and around the ground.
As part of the process, we are looking for any individual views and issues that fans may have come across that raises concern to them.

It doesn't matter how trivial they may seem, we just want as much as possible to take in to a meeting, which in the medium term is hoped to include the police and local council.

Feel free to voice any concerns and I will relay them on to fellow forum members.

Steve.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
theres been a dead pigeon stuck in the netting in the gallowgate corner for at least the last 6 months
(30-05-2017, 04:35 PM)tattyheed Wrote: theres been a dead pigeon stuck in the netting in the gallowgate corner for at least the last 6 months

Yum yum! Should have matured nicely by now.
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to contribute Steve.

Yes, I do have some views on this. I'll marshall my thoughts over the next 24/48hrs and let you have them.

Regards mate & keep up the good work.

Mick