Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atsu
Looks like we're talking to Chelski to make Atsu's move a permanent one. The fee was already agreed when we loaned him at £6.2m.
Wasn't great in the championship.see how he copes with the big leagues
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
He's a useful squad player. Has pace to burn although little end product at times. Could be a good sub for us though. I still recon we will go back for Townsend.
He looked better at the end of the season than at the start but I still have doubts and from what i can see Gouff was ahead of him in the pecking order which makes me think that he isn't that good. On the other hand where do you get a winger that you know will fit into the squad and offer something, even just pace and a wee flash of skill at the end of a match, for that kind of money?

I also imagine Gouff will go and we'll sign another winger too.
From the official Toon website:

Newcastle United can confirm the permanent signing of Christian Atsu from Chelsea.
The 25-year-old Ghana international spent last season on loan at St. James' Park, making 32 league appearances and scoring five goals as Rafa Benítez's side lifted the Sky Bet Championship title.
The Magpies have now exercised an option to sign him for an undisclosed fee and the winger has penned a four-year deal.
The transfer is subject to Atsu successfully reapplying for a work permit.
Manager Benítez said: "We are happy to sign a good player.
"He's shown us that he's a good professional and someone who is very keen to learn and improve.
"Christian has been a key part of our promotion campaign and he wants to help us to build something for the future."
Thought the window didn't open until June?
all my windows are wide open, so are the doors....and the car sunroof

feck me its hot like