Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rafa Pleased To Have Defensive Options
From the Toon official website:

Without Clark, we have three centre-backs, and there is less competition,” he said.

“I don’t think anybody can discuss that Clark and Lascelles were doing really well for the majority of the games during the season. When I needed to make a substitution, Hanley is always very positive in the training sessions and the dressing room, and he was doing well.

“Chancel, also because of the Africa Cup of Nations, he has had less chances to be there. The last two weeks, he has been training really well, and I was really pleased with him. Because he was doing well, he has had his chance.

“Can he have an opportunity in this game? Yes, because he has been doing well, and in the last game, he was fine. I’m happy with that, and especially I am happy with his attitude.”
Maybe Mbemba still has a future with us after all, i hope so.
Something to remember is mbembas age. He's still young and has plenty of time to learn. Once he understands what Rafa wants and learns to give him that he'll be fine.
If i recall Rafa was leaving Mbemba out because of his communication skills. He wanted his back 4 to be able to be able to speak fluent English and he felt that his English wasn't up to scratch.... maybe he's had lessons ???
(08-04-2017, 03:07 AM)Boydie Wrote: If i recall Rafa was leaving Mbemba out because of his communication skills. He wanted his back 4 to be able to be able to speak fluent English and he felt that his English wasn't up to scratch.... maybe he's had lessons ???

There were also rumours that he didn't do as asked which is somthing else Rafa dislikes, if he gives instructions follow them.
He likes English speaking
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
lascelles and dummett were the defensive weaknesses on saturday
The whole defence was terrible. I don't know how you can single anyone out, to me Mbemba was as bad as either of those.
Mbemba was undoubtedly playing to very limited instructions. He sh*t himself if he got across the halfway line - thats not where Rafa wants him. He has the makings of a good defender - our captain however - has all the makings of a softer Titus Bramble - without the ability to make raking crossfield balls