Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rafa's Off
Read this - read between the lines

Asked what had happened on deadline day, Benitez said: “No, because I don’t know. “I said before, I’m disappointed, but, at the same time, I have to concentrate on the players we have and try have to improve them as much as I can.”

Read more at: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/foot...-1-8366724

The tone is so different to the summer transfer window.

What Rafa is saying is so different to his happier remarks during the summer transfer window.

Other stories today are suggesting Ashley has put his oar in again and reinstated Carr in charge of transfers.

If that's true, Rafa will be off in the summer.

Fatboy strikes again.

:bart:
(02-02-2017, 09:36 AM)Mick Wrote: Read this - read between the lines

Asked what had happened on deadline day, Benitez said: “No, because I don’t know. “I said before, I’m disappointed, but, at the same time, I have to concentrate on the players we have and try have to improve them as much as I can.”

Read more at: http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/foot...-1-8366724

The tone is so different to the summer transfer window.

What Rafa is saying is so different to his happier remarks during the summer transfer window.

Other stories today are suggesting Ashley has put his oar in again and reinstated Carr in charge of transfers.

If that's true, Rafa will be off in the summer.

Fatboy strikes again.

:bart:

Will if that's the case that's me finished...i won't be going back.
Boom,boom,boom,boom.....boom,boom,boom,boom.
Deja Vu. That's why I stopped and will never return on a regular basis.
I only go now for a few pints 2 or 3 times a season with mates for a day oot now and then.
GO ON FAT LAD- DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND SELL IT Beer
Cannot say I didn't warn ya I knew what Fat boy would do he just can't help himself he just doesn't know when to leave well alone and after watching Raffa on Sky Sports telling them he wanted players but they didn't deliver sounds very much like they told me that you must play the players you have were not Pool, Chelski or even wet spam we only use others left overs.

ASHLEY OUT! ! ! ! !
"Everyones Got To Believe In Something. I Believe Ill Have Another Beer" W C Fields.
Mike Ashley just can’t help himself.

According to widespread media reports that appeared simultaneously on Thursday night from the likes of the Telegraph, Independent, Mail and others, Rafa Benitez has been left in no-man’s land thanks to being undermined in this transfer window by the club’s owner.

The Manager not expected to walk out mid-season but after promises allegedly not being kept, there is said to be real danger that Rafa Benitez would exit St James Park as there’d be no point in staying if he doesn’t have the control on transfers he was assured he did have by Mike Ashley.

Rafa repeatedly said throughout January that he had a list of transfer targets he had given the club, only to then state on Wednesday night when talking to Sky Sports that he didn’t know why no players had been brought in and it hadn’t been his decision not to strengthen – his anger obvious when he was speaking.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/02/mike-ash...le-united/
I'm not going to jump on this because at the minute its all journalist tittle tattle. The sort of stuff we refuse to believe if they say something positive about us, but are too ready to believe it when its negative.
But that's not to say I don't think there's truth in it.

What I do think though is that people were maybe wrong to think things had changed in the first place.
What happened in the summer that was so different to make people think Rafa was being treat differently to those before him?
Yes, he got the players in that he wanted and Ashley was never mentioned or seen to be interfering.
Would that not be down to the fact he saw the wage bill massively reduced and saw a £30 million profit at the end of the window?
Why would he need to get involved after that?

This recent window saw Rafa state he wanted players.
That would have meant Ashley funding another spending spree. Remember, he has already come out and said he would loan the club £33 million to cover the losses incurred by relegation. That would suggest that the £30 million "profit" has already been eaten up by running costs. Not that I go along with that mind.
We chased Townsend, allegedly, till the eleventh hour and failed to get him. Just like we chased Berahino in the last window and failed to get him either. In both cases, we were in the region of £2 million short in our offers, despite knowing what both WBA and Palace were looking for.

So nothing changed apart from Ashley staying silent when the money rolled in.
It's going to be a massive summer for us one way or another but personally I choose to support the team and hope we get what we need when we need it.
As fans we have put a hell of a lot of effort and money in to this season. To now turn on the owner and risk undoing all of what we have done so far may be a step not worth taking.
Yes, playing right in to Ashleys hands as he knows how important this is to us all. He will always be the only winner. He will also be a massive loser if this all falls flat. That will be his doing and he will get what he deserves. But we will get nothing but ridicule for our own efforts.
We can't win.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
I worry that the 30m loan is now seen as being a 30m loan... it was initially a loan option, was it taken? if so where did it go? as you say there was also 30m profit in the last window, most of our high wage earners are gone and also parachute payments. The crowds, if anything, have grown so we haven't lost out there...

No it seems to me to be just same old same old which is exactly what i expected and what i said during the summer. I mean there were times when transfers were postponed for no apparent reason and then went ahead once someone else left... sell to buy was my first thought as this has always been our position. After ten years i struggle to understand those that think things are different, that ash wouldn't do this to rafa. people that make up excuses like.. probably the selling club wanting x or y or agents.. we've had 10 years of this... What has happened in ten years that makes people think that the club should get the benefit of the doubt? It's like an abused partner saying "oh this time when they get drunk they won't beat me -- owww --- why'd you do that?" "next time they'll change.... i'm sure..."
To me it's no big surprise .All about money .And all about mike Ashley being bigger than nufc .He has shit. On everyone at the club from day one .Keegan shearer hughton the fans .One summer changed nothing .I personally hope Rafa takes him to court like Keegan did if he has said one thing then did another once he has got his man
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
He's definitely away in the summer

“I will not quit. I will not leave Newcastle United. I focus on the rest of the season and getting promoted.

“This club has made mistakes in the past and we can’t make them again. Fans want promotion, the club can’t make the same mistakes again…”

“We have finished the transfer window, we have a good squad and I have confidence in them.

“I am ready to fight to get three points in the next game, and promotion at the end of the season.

“If we want to be stronger, we have to stick together. When the fans are behind the team, we are stronger.

“We’ve had some bad games, but we are strong enough to compete, to win and to go up.

“Mbemba is back but will not be available, Colback is improving and Gayle is improving, but he won’t be ready yet.

“Derby are a team that has to be in the top six – they are there now because they have enough quality and an experienced manager.

“Derby are doing well, Steve (McClaren) knows our players, and it will be a tough game for us.”
If he walks, I walk, until Ashley's gone. 10 years of this shit. The bloke treats us like dogshit