Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beach Volleyball - Why Doesn't The Sand Stick?
Look closely at the pictures on this page

What do you notice? Better yet, what don't you notice?

All these players have spent the afternoon jumping into and sprawling around in the sand. They're surrounded by their sport's playing surface and it's kicked up all around then. But look at the players' legs, arms and backsides. And take special notice of the hands. There's no sand anywhere.
(09-08-2012, 06:54 AM)utd111 Wrote: Look closely at the pictures on this page

All these players have spent the afternoon jumping into and sprawling around in the sand. They're surrounded by their sport's playing surface and it's kicked up all around then. But look at the players' legs, arms and backsides. And take special notice of the hands. There's no sand anywhere.

Hmm, Mick, you put up a link with pictures of beach volley ballplayers - all women - and you seriously think you are gonna get a debate about why the sand doesn't stick?
Yea, good luck with that one, pal! :D:D:D

Why no men, I wonder? does it stick to them like normal?
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance." ee cummings, 1894-1962
(09-08-2012, 07:02 AM)Tinyclanger16 Wrote:
(09-08-2012, 06:54 AM)utd111 Wrote: Look closely at the pictures on this page

Hmm, Mick, you put up a link with pictures of beach volley ballplayers - all women - and you seriously think you are gonna get a debate about why the sand doesn't stick?
Yea, good luck with that one, pal! :D:D:D

Why no men, I wonder? does it stick to them like normal?

*sigh* - I am judged sooooo harshly.......Blush

Now that you mention the sand - I suppose I'll have to go and have another look at the piccies......I hadn't got around to looking for the sand quite yet LOL!
i bet that its in their sandwiches lol!!
Sorry Mick, Just don't see the sand at all.
You sure thats what they play on?
Can't say I've noticed it before like:D

Sorry Helen, but we are obliged to comment on these posts after Mick has spent so much time "researching" them Tongue
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
I would urge you to try looking closer at them pics mick, are you sure you can't see any sand on them
Careful there, guys, too much sand makes you go blind, you know...
"I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance." ee cummings, 1894-1962
I bet they still get it up their bum......sand that is.:D
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-f...0AaX3QtDMD

Yahoo Sports recently did an article on this Mick.
(09-08-2012, 03:03 PM)cg40k Wrote: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-f...0AaX3QtDMD

Yahoo Sports recently did an article on this Mick.

I notice on that site they have the Medal table done by total number of overall medals....ensuring the US is in top spot! Everyone else does it by number of Golds, of course!! :D