Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moyes to sunderland
Moyes confirmed as sunderland manager..

thoughts?
good luck to him and to them. I know there's all the mackem hate and stuff but i honestly believe that if football in the north east can attract attention with three teams performing well (i include boro there) then it can only be good for us.
Interesting that they slagged Rafa off and branded him a failure after his last 2 jobs at Napoli and Real Madrid.
Now they are lauding bog eyes who had bigger failings in his last 2.
Funny bunch aren't they.
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
(23-07-2016, 12:17 PM)Ciatmol Wrote: good luck to him and to them. I know there's all the mackem hate and stuff but i honestly believe that if football in the north east can attract attention with three teams performing well (i include boro there) then it can only be good for us.

Boro is 40 plus miles away in Yorkshire no significance to us no matter how much the media or the plastics try to hype it.
Also they have terrible fans averaging 18000 last season but no doubt will be sold oot next year.....MASSIVE!
Boom,boom,boom,boom.....boom,boom,boom,boom.
Oh I agree that I don't feel it's a north east club but the media DO play a big part in peoples perceptions especially foreign peoples perceptions so if someone is watching premier league football in france, spain or germany and they're told boro is north east they will accept this. If Boro and Sunderland do well it raises the media hype of the area and that is a good thing.

I'm not saying you have to set aside local rivalries and all that, just that I believe it's good to have three strong teams doing well as opposed to one mediocre one.
According to the mackem in the bar last night moyes turned us Doon twice and I a far superior manager than Rafa....There obsessed and off there tits.
Boom,boom,boom,boom.....boom,boom,boom,boom.
Moyes was a done deal over a week ago and so was allerdyce allerdyce to England
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
If Rafa had decided to walk, I would have been happy to see Moyes come here.

So I can't really argue that it's not a good signing for them