Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Club Bands
I know there are a few on here in a similar age bracket to myself, so I just wondered how many of you used to go to social clubs to watch bands/groups.
What's more, is it still a thing people do?

I remember certain bands that you would travel round clubs in the area to see and it was always a great night out. Loads of lads and lasses of a similar age group so cracking nights on the pull.

Bands that spring to mind are Wallop and Zoots Navaro.
Anyone else do this or was I just sad :D
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
(15-03-2016, 12:31 PM)SirLes9 Wrote: I know there are a few on here in a similar age bracket to myself, so I just wondered how many of you used to go to social clubs to watch bands/groups.
What's more, is it still a thing people do?

I remember certain bands that you would travel round clubs in the area to see and it was always a great night out. Loads of lads and lasses of a similar age group so cracking nights on the pull.

Bands that spring to mind are Wallop and Zoots Navaro.
Anyone else do this or was I just sad :D

I miss those days mate, I absolutely did it, used to get into all the clubs on my navy ID, they were always full to the brim and a great night out. havent done it for many a year but great memories, nothing like that down here at least not on the same scale Sad
Mostly the Tyne Bar for me nowadays and The Ox in Kyo on a friday sometimes.
The proper boys are on at the Tyne after the derby.

Used to go around the clubs in the Toon in the 80s though when they were still decent
GO ON FAT LAD- DO US ALL A FAVOUR AND SELL IT Beer
Used to go around the Working Mens Clubs, Social Clubs etc watching bands like Geordie, Brass Alley and the John Miles Set......

Later went on to bike rallies for years - bands like Engine and Dumpys Rusty Nuts

:exclamation:
remember a few from years ago
talisman
mean mr mustard
ant hill mob
six of the best
foxy
tramp and swank
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
(15-03-2016, 03:48 PM)Sir Kevin Keegan Wrote: remember a few from years ago
talisman
mean mr mustard
ant hill mob
six of the best
foxy
tramp and swank

The Ant Hill Mob was another I was trying to remember.
Bloke who looked a bit like the singer with the Christians if I remember.
Six of the Best and Foxy as well, though Foxy tended to be a bit of a girlie band. Good for a night out though if you were a single bloke. :007::007:

Also remember Linda Wright.
Chatted her up during the interval at the Wheelcroft Club. She even did a song for me. Never got owt like cry
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
Still got a bit of a band/pub scene around here. Some decent local rock bands. Mainly pub beer garden gigs in the summer. The best ones tend to be at bike rallies.
(15-03-2016, 04:20 PM)SirLes9 Wrote:
talisman
mean mr mustard
ant hill mob
six of the best
foxy
tramp and swank

Six of the Best and Foxy as well, though Foxy tended to be a bit of a girlie band. Good for a night out though if you were a single bloke. :007::007:

Chatted her up during the interval at the Wheelcroft Club. She even did a song for me. Never got owt like cry

i remember foxy being just a lad and a lass ,yes that was the ant hill mob singer .six of the best were brilliant ,singer went on to be alexandras palace ,
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
(15-03-2016, 05:44 PM)Sir Kevin Keegan Wrote:
(15-03-2016, 04:20 PM)SirLes9 Wrote:
talisman
mean mr mustard
ant hill mob
six of the best
foxy
tramp and swank

i remember foxy being just a lad and a lass ,yes that was the ant hill mob singer .six of the best were brilliant ,singer went on to be alexandras palace ,

I thought Foxy were the boy band?
Maybe I'm wrong on that one then.

The lad from Wallop, Alex, went on to form Alexander's Palace.
They were from Wardley.
Always remember seeing Chris Waddle at a few of their shows as he knew them and was a bit of a fan.
He once got asked who his favourite band were in an interview and he said Wallop. Bet that confused a few people.
Jarrow Elvis!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHjzNi5FA8A