Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Go-Live
3 Years, certainly passed by quickly didn't it.

Like some others on here, I was there from day one, hence having a couple of posts to my name.Big Grin

What was interesting though was the fact it was set up in the close season and still managed to take off.
Luckily it was the summer of the European Championships in the Ukraine and Poland so there was plenty of football banter to keep things ticking over.
Like everyone , I appreciated the work done back then by the people who set this up and still appreciate it now.
I even remember in the first days, sitting watching the England Ukraine game with the laptop on my knee and doing a virtual running commentary with a few others just to try and make sure there was something for people to get involved in.
All happy times.

There's been far more ups than downs on here and though one or two have came and went for various reasons, the core of the group has remained intact and been strengthened by a few quality additions.
There is noboby on here who I wouldn't be happy to call a friend and have a beer with. Well, I've done it with quite a few to be honest Beer

Lets hope we are sitting here in 3 years time in anticipation of a new season whilst watching England win the World cup in Russia or wherever it may be by then. (or in Micks case, ROI)
We might even be getting ready for a Champions league qualifier if our owner is to be believed!

Maybe we should just stick to the World Cup bit eh :D:D
"We are not a stepping stone, we are Newcastle United. Every player should be honoured to wear the shirt of this club" Rafa Benitez.
3 years? Lost It

Seems like only yesterday. Set up in a hurry, but has lasted well. Testament to the "staff" and the posters. Enough differing views to make it interesting, with the mutual respect of each others differences. :yep:
wow 3 years??

where the hell did that go?

it would be easy to sit here and soak up all the kind words (and we have Big Grin ) but to be fair a forum is like a church or a pub, without the people who use the building they are useless, the members of this forum make it what it is, not the biggest by any stretch but definitely up there with the best.

I'm sure Mick, Boydie and Morhana would agree, our members are just fantastic, stick around folks imagine what it will be like on here if we had a modicum of success at the club.

take a bow you lot :clap::clap::clap::clap:
(20-06-2015, 09:29 AM)Gos Wrote: wow 3 years??

it would be easy to sit here and soak up all the kind words (and we have Big Grin ) but to be fair a forum is like a church or a pub, without the people who use the building they are useless, the members of this forum make it what it is, not the biggest by any stretch but definitely up there with the best.

I'm sure Mick, Boydie and Morhana would agree, our members are just fantastic, stick around folks imagine what it will be like on here if we had a modicum of success at the club.

Agree 100%

Its you lot that make this place great.

If Carlsberg made forums it would be this one :yep:

[Image: DlDCpC.jpg]

(20-06-2015, 11:28 AM)Morhana Wrote:

Agree 100%

unless your gullible and take it up the arse eh?...Big Grin
Boom,boom,boom,boom.....boom,boom,boom,boom.
(20-06-2015, 12:10 PM)Paranoid Pedro Wrote:

Agree 100%

no pedro, you can take a bow too just check the rear view mirror first Wink :D

Agree 100%

that made me laugh :D:D
DONT RENEW SEASON TICKETS ,DONT BUY SHIRTS ,DONT GO TO SPORTS DIRECT ,DONT GIVE THIS MAN ANY MORE MONEY .
Aye it's been a huge success all down to great members and a non regimental team of admin who encourage debate as long as it remains civil.
I thank you all for keeping it that way as this place wouldn't exist without you lot.

Here's to the next 3 years. Beer
(20-06-2015, 03:47 PM)Sir Kevin Keegan Wrote:

Agree 100%

that made me laugh :D:D

Im ere al week.....:exclamation:
Boom,boom,boom,boom.....boom,boom,boom,boom.
(20-06-2015, 11:28 AM)Morhana Wrote: Agree 100%

Well there is always some who are, but think this place escaped them ones :007:

[Image: DlDCpC.jpg]